Please make the sides of the screen stickier for windows and tabs

Vanden

There's an issue with windows that dynamically change size depending on what they display; they won't stay flush with certain sides of the screen. For example, I like to have my pets window on the bottom of the screen, like so:

itKNfnC.jpg

But then, I might get some extra pets temporarily:

QAuEDEJ.jpg

And then they leave, and my pet window is no longer flush with the bottom of the screen:

pTKikkd.jpg

It's the same issue with the League window, which I like to keep on the right side of my screen:

egP2AvN.jpg

But then, someone new joins, making the window grow:

X0apiGV.jpg

And then the window shifts to keep them all in one column, and the window is no longer all the way to the right:

2y9FyoP.jpg

Can this be fixed? Can windows be made to stay flush with whatever edges of the screen they're touching even as they shrink?

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 2

I have a similar issue because I play on two different computers with different screen sizes. If I switch from the one with lower resolution to the one with higher, a lot of the windows that were on the right/bottom of the screen are now floating somewhere else. It would be a cool little QoL addition if the windows actually "docked" to the bottom/right sides so that they knew to stay sticky to the edges of the screen.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

This doesn't solve your problem, but could be a work around:

I use /wdwsave and /wdwload constantly. I work on two different computers and the windows sizes are different. I would do a /wdwsave when you have your basic layout and then bind a key with /wdwload. When you're windows get out of norm, just use the bind and they'll be back where they belong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chuckers said:

This doesn't solve your problem, but could be a work around:

I use /wdwsave and /wdwload constantly. I work on two different computers and the windows sizes are different. I would do a /wdwsave when you have your basic layout and then bind a key with /wdwload. When you're windows get out of norm, just use the bind and they'll be back where they belong.

I guess this is a pretty good workaround, but it would still be better if it wasn't necessary.

• Like 1