Portal Jocket missions

quixoteprog

The part of this badge that requires taking out all of the AVs/EBs seems to be if not impossible then very tedious to do with a blaster. I was able to sail through it with my Ill/Rad controller because it is pretty much the soloing-est build out there, at least as much so as I have seen.

But now that my blaster is in the upper 40s I wanted to do grab the accolade with him, but it is a complete pain in the bunghole. I don't see people spamming for groups to do this in the LFG channel, so I assume people solo it most of the time. If you have done this with a blaster please enlighten me.

I was able to take out Infernus with the use of a couple of Bounce back inspirations, and only a minor amount of XP debt.  But for Manticore I had to drop a Vanguard Heavy Power Core to soften him up because after my first hit he locks me up with holds and his range is as great or greater than my snipe.

Are there strategies for taking these guys out with just a blaster?

What I plan to try with the next one is to stock up on 15-20 purple insp. for each fight. Are there any other temp pets out there that are a bit cheaper than the Vanguard thing? I would prefer not to have to do a Rikti Mothership raids for every 2-3 fights.

Do you have them set to AV? I've soloed them on 3 blasters but I leave them on EB and 0/1 for speed sake just because i don't particularly care for the arcs. Can always plow to the bosses so you get help from the various NPCs if you're having trouble. But as to the cheaper temp pets - shivans are easy enough to grab in 5-10 minutes and can be refilled as often as you need.

Forming teams to do this is a piece of cake. I go on LFG and announce a Maria Jenkins (or Tina McIntyre) team and I've got 8 people inside of 5 minutes. Ran one on Saturday for Maria Jenkins and completed the entire arc (at +3 x8) in an hour or two. 

If you really want to solo it, you can run a mission in Bloody Bay to get a temp power with 5 Shivans https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Shiva_Strike_Mission

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

The answer to most "how can I .... without dying?" questions in this game is: purple inspirations.

(and maybe a break-free or 2 since you are on a blaster)

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

16 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

The answer to most "how can I .... without dying?" questions in this game is: purple inspirations.

(and maybe a break-free or 2 since you are on a blaster)

Yeah, the break frees were the only way I survived Manticore long enough to drop the Heavy on him. I would get one shot, then he would lock me down with one shot EVERY TIME.

My next plan is to try the Bloody Bay mission to get a Shivan and see how well that works as a tank. Pop 3-4 purple pills, drop the pet, and start firing away.

Basically by making sure they were all EB's and having a tray full of inspirations ready. I always pop 4 purples, two yellows, a breakfree and 4 reds before I take on an EB and rarely have any real trouble with them. Those are all small ones too. Larger ones just make it easier. 

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

A level 40+ blaster should comfortably be able to kill almost any EB within about 60 seconds, so popping four purple inspirations (plus maybe a Break Free, and any reds you have on hand) makes it very doable. At that point, you're no worse off than a Super Reflexes scrapper. If that doesn't work, load up on even more inspirations when you hit the hospital; you can carry twenty.

Shivans work, but should be unnecessary except maybe for the ones that refuse to die, like Diabolique.

1 hour ago, quixoteprog said:

Yeah, the break frees were the only way I survived Manticore long enough to drop the Heavy on him. I would get one shot, then he would lock me down with one shot EVERY TIME.

Do you mean Chimera? Portal Jockey is blue side.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

Also, I'm now trying to figure out how to get a Portal Jacket for all my toons.  Do they come in red?

That's JOCKET, not Jacket.  Duh. Moron! It's... er... a pocket... in which you put your... joke... ets? So, no. It does not come in red. Only blue. 

• Haha 1

If mez is your only issue the defensive amplifier temp power gives 4 points protection to everything including the rare confuse and terrify. Most NPCs usually don't have the ability or sense to stack. If you're high enough for PJ you're looking at a million and a half or thereabouts for an hour but should be well worth it to carry you through the arc. Side effects include +5 defense all and +7.5 resist all.