Reverts to Windowed mode?

Sailboat

I have the graphics "screen/UI resolution" set to 1920x1080 (desktop).

Periodically, it reverts to "windowed" mode, and then always displays the Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the screen while in-game.  I cannot select UI elements down there, I get taskbar stuff.

Fix is easy -- reset to 1920x1080 (desktop).  But why does it revert from that setting to Windowed, and how can I prevent that behavior?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Sorry to hijack, but it's the same thing.

I've not played much this summer, but I have been making alts and such this week. What I've found are two things:

1) My first launch of the game from a cold boot results in the GFX defaulting to Windowed Mode;

2) If I click to launch either too quickly or to intentionally launch a 2nd instance (two accounts) too quickly, then the second instance triggers a warning (didn't open correctly or the like) and puts That instance in safe mode;

The "fix" for both is to wait more than 2-3 seconds between clicks with every instance afterwards opening in my normal 1080p Desktop Mode. I hope that narrows it down, but it's a new annoyance, now that I can see what I've been reading about this past month.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 months later