Unify the Villain Groups at Appropriate Level Ranges for Variety

I know this has been done to some degree, already. But I'd like to see more Noise Freaks in missions both Hero and Villainside in their level range. And Meat Doctors Blueside. I'd like to see Sneaky Swipers and Shadowtanks and Rikti Freak Zappers blasting green lightning at everything that moves. And make it so that these things are all OVER Sharkhead and stuff!

Create a Storyline where the Marcones and the Winters are at war. Call it the Winter War! Bring Marcones to Paragon and have them trying to get a foothold in Talos or Indy. Have the Winters start roughing up punks in Port Oakes as they work toward St Martial.

How about bringing the Goldbrickers to Paragon? They work for Aeon, Aeon built Architect Entertainment with Crey Funding, and the Goldbrickers are his boys.

How about adding Supatrolls to Troll Mishies rather than keeping them exclusively for the Rave Events that nearly no one participates in?

Obviously there's some stuff that wouldn't work cross-side, or inside/outside of missions being swapped, like the Coralax who are devoted to the Leviathan or the Council Empire being outside Council World or the Rulu-Shin being...well... anywhere.

But there's room for a ton of variety to mix things up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Have you tried creating AE content? This is the sort of thing that it was made for and the Live devs used to like the feedback in this way.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

11 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Have you tried creating AE content? This is the sort of thing that it was made for and the Live devs used to like the feedback in this way.

I'm talking about putting them into the regular missions and the Open World.

No amount of AE Editing will allow me to street sweep Goldbrickers in Steel Canyon.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Create a Storyline where the Marcones and the Winters are at war. Call it the Winter War! Bring Marcones to Paragon and have them trying to get a foothold in Talos or Indy. Have the Winters start roughing up punks in Port Oakes as they work toward St Martial.

The Marcone already have a tenuous line into Paragon; if you pay attention when you tool around the Striga dock area (the built-up part at the W end), some of the Family mobs are Marcone. Having them appear in spawns fighting the Sky Raiders, Tsoo, or regular Family in IP, or the Warriors, Tsoo, and Freakshow in Talos, would fit thematically. A possible enhancement to the game would be the addition of a contact who talks about Marcone wanting to establish a foothold in Paragon City, with random missions to disrupt the Marcone trying to set up associations with the other groups in Paragon City, and a story arc about the fighting between Paragon's Family and the Marcone. That could readily be prototyped in AE, and then presented to the Homecoming devs as a unit.

Edited by srmalloy