build help pls idk what i am doing

terrawar

I just teamed with you on torch on the GM hunting team. Here are my thoughts about your intentions and your build.

Farming content is very different from normal game content. A lot of farm builds are weak outside of farms because they are defensively tuned to survive against only 1-2 types of damage. If dedicated farming is your intention there are much better powerset combinations and ATs for that purpose, Rad/Fire brutes or Spines/Fire brutes are pretty popular and you can read about those on the brute forums. What you can make from your powersets is a well rounded blaster that can perform decently in farms but also perform well for normal game content.

Now I'm going to break down your build.

First defense:

There are two schools when it comes to defense, either softcap ranged defense (45% for normal non-incarnate content) and play at range or typed defense (smashing/lethal/fire/cold/energy/negative/psionic, again, 45% is the soft cap value for normal non-incarnate content) which allows you more room for error when you move into melee range. There are a few things that push me to recommend typed defense for you. 1 - your tier 9 ultimate is a pbaoe in melee range, 2 - you want to be able to participate in farms. Most people that choose typed defense route will pick up either scorpion shield or frozen armor. Scorpion shield is popular because it offers good defense against another common damage type in the late game - energy, in additional the most common types smashing/lethal. This means that with proper IO investment you can softcap not only S/L defense but also energy as well. It is not cheap however, and I'm warning you now it will take a bit of effort to get there.

Second slotting:

Make every slot count and work towards a cohesive goal. One of the most common mistakes I see people make is that they will slot an entire set of IOs into a power. You have to look at the bonuses for each slot and ask "does this bonus help me towards my overall goal? Getting 45% defense to S/L or Energy is a solid goal, having 4% toxic resist in the 6th slot does not contribute to that goal, and if you look at your total tab, having 8% toxic resist is not going to have any meaningful contributions to your survival.

Damage powers should be slotted for damage. The strength of a blaster is how quickly it can kill things, if you don't slot your attacks for damage, then you are not going to kill as fast and that leaves more time for enemies to wear down your defenses and get that attack in that will take you down.

I prioritize my builds with getting the necessary numbers for defense first, then recharge, everything else is ancillary but other people may have different philosophies and they are welcome to share their philosophies here.

This is what I've come up with. It gives you softcapped/almost softcapped defenses against Smashing/Lethal/Fire/Cold/Energy which makes you very sturdy, on top of that Kuji-In Toh gives you very high regen. There is a mix of ranged and melee attacks in this build and even if you don't use the melee attacks you should still have a decent ranged attack chain. You won't farm as well as one of those brutes but you should still be able to pull your weight. It is very expensive, but if you love your toon and invest in it you will get there. Also protip, put a stealth IO in sprint, combined with superspeed you are invisible to most enemies. Don't put the stealth IO in superspeed because if you turn SS off you lose any stealth, the universal travel IOs are a better fit in super speed and super jump because those can't be slotted in sprint.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Snap Dart: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Ninja Training
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pistols -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(21)
Level 1: Immobilizing Dart -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 2: Sting of the Wasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Bullet Rain -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(17)
Level 10: Shinobi -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Swap Ammo
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Empty Clips -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Rchg(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23), Ags-ResDam(34), Ags-Psi/Status(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), HO:Cyto(25)
Level 26: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(31)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), HO:Cyto(36)
Level 38: Golden Dragonfly -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), HO:Nucle(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(42), GrvAnc-Hold%(43)
Level 44: Smoke Flash -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Blinding Powder -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(48), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SphIns-%ToHit(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(31)
Level 12: Chemical Ammunition
Level 12: Cryo Ammunition
Level 12: Incendiary Ammunition
------------

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

On 10/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, terrawar said:

thank you very much will take a look later. and yes my 2nd char is going to be of of those farmers i team with to lvl some what quickly and i think that 8% cam just from set bonuses. 

Use the build Nemu posted and you MIGHT   be able to do the the Comic con Smash Lethal Farm. The problem is you do not have Smash and lethal resistance capped. 

But regardless Nemu build is a VERY GOOD build. 

You are defense capped pretty much. You will be kicking butt with that build.