[Bug] Server Transfer Warning

WanderingAries

More of a nuisance all things considered, but I wanted to warn those who may be doing lots of toggling and alt maintenance in quick intervals.

I was performing some rapid fire server transfers and the system accidentally moved my Main from Torch to Indom instead of the alt I had selected in the menus. Ok, so nothing horrible happens beyond losing the Star rank in my SG (personal group, so not a biggy) and a transfer token, but still annoying.

***If a GM would like to toss me another token that'd be cool, but otherwise I can wait the...how many days before new tokens?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

This happened to me, as well.  The key seems to be to wait until the transfer transaction is completely finished, and the character select screen is fully refreshed, before performing another action.  This applies to transfers, renames, and/or character deletions.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I actually thought I'd waited long enough. Noticing that it doesn't always self-refresh, I even would go back to the server screen and then into the server once more. Oh well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

• 2 weeks later

So I've finished my round of alt transferring and I noticed some interesting things that seem to be related to the game's Memory Space.

Firstly, I was dual-boxing in an effort to avoid losing names as I transferred. Since I ran into the 5 transfer limit, this allowed me to prep by reserving temp alts on my 2nd account on the desired server. This worked great...until I tried doing things a little too quickly (or too much in a session?) I think. Secondly, I'm playing in fullscreen for both on Ultra, but have the InactiveFPS set to 5. Toggling is still tricky (have to Win+Tab instead of Alt+Tab), but that's a Win7+ thing as I don't recall having the option in XP.

The first thing I noticed is that I HAD to back out to the server list after transferring an alt for it to visibly take effect. If I DIDN'T, then one of the following would happen:

• The game has a nasty habit of moving the active alt selection to the first one in your server listing no matter What page of alts you're looking at. This may be WAI or it may be a new-ish glitch as I've noticed it do this when just idle in the server list. The side effect is that if you're not careful you can accidentally transfer THAT alt even though the name isn't the same (but the alt gets selected anyway).
  • I've had the server selection screen not choose the right server. Now there's a "chance" that I'm just blurry-eyed enough to Think I have the right one clicked (Excel vs Ever), but I'm pretty sure I didn't today and it happened. I didn't know where it went until I glanced at the Server file.
  • I think the server file (size / complexity) is affecting the load time on Win7. There's too many variables I can't test, but I quit an alt on my primary account 5s before that of my 2nd account and the 2nd loaded much faster than the 1st. I didn't catch just How quick, but it was noticeable. When I looked at the files, it's a factor of 8 More on the main account. Both accounts have an alt on each server, so it's not the individual server load time. (see files below)
  • When I would delete a temp alt and transfer the original, there was no real delay needed (inherent 3-5s toggle delay) in most cases, but half of my transfers today required renames because the game hadn't let go of the information (from RAM). I had to completely close both instances (deleted the names in the files for good measure) before the game would allow the naming. I suspect that this was a combination of the Dual-boxing, game's Memory Space getting mixed between instances, and data transfer time between the client and DB servers. I'd recommend running a single instance, deleting alts, quitting, logging into the other account, and then perform the transfers if you use the name reservation technique.

Anyway, those are some observations to chew on if the devs manage to walk through here. *coughs*@GM Widower*coughs*

playerslot.txt playerslot.txt