Unleash Potential Question?

QuiJon

Just wondering on something I have noticed. But Unleashed Potential from the strength of will set says it grants a boost to regen, recovery, and def for 60 seconds on a 600 second recharge. Now in and of itself that doesn't sound bad. However then I look at sorcery and Ruin of Protection, which is that pool's equivalent of the same kind of power grants mez protection, and resistances to all damage but does it for 90 seconds on the same 600 second cool down.

So why the duration difference? With Ruin I can run the power for 90 and with perma hasten and recharge in the power have it up again in about a minute after it expires. With UP all that being the same means it really is up and down almost an equal amount of time. I guess I just don't see the reason for the difference. each power provides specific buffs that exclude  you from taking the other powers by nature of the pools. Why is it ok to get me resistance and mez protection more often then regen/rec and defense?

Because UP increases defense, which is way more useful and abuseable in reaching meaningful defensive softcaps. While the mez protection may be useful for some squishies, the simple fact of the matter is that UP is just a way better power because resistance is nowhere near as good as defense, and extra recovery and regen layering on it takes a giant, steaming dump all over some mez protection in terms of usefulness for most ATs.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

9 hours ago, SaintD said:

Because UP increases defense, which is way more useful and abuseable in reaching meaningful defensive softcaps. While the mez protection may be useful for some squishies, the simple fact of the matter is that UP is just a way better power because resistance is nowhere near as good as defense, and extra recovery and regen layering on it takes a giant, steaming dump all over some mez protection in terms of usefulness for most ATs.

the best part of the mez protection is that it works as a free break free. Especially when combo'd with a panic button power. Has saved my life quite a few times.