My card hates the sewers

The 1 Endless Waltz

I think this is the same system I was using back on live, and while it was a sometimes problems... it seems to be happening with greater regularity now. My graphic card seems to hate the sewer water most of all. If I try to pivot it will occasionally "strobe out" and turn into an epileptic's worst nightmare. Guess it kinda looks like  when you're suffering from vertigo and there's a strobe light going off. Any way to help fix this via some sort of setting ... *digs up computer specs* ... I already know this is a potato... 

OS is Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor - Intel Pentium CPU B980 @ 2.40Ghz (2 CPUs)

Video Card - [] Simply [] Intel HD Graphics w/ 1644 MB Display Memory

Driver Version  - 9.17.0010.3223

Driver Date - 10/10/2013

Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Model 

Windows 8.1?  That's still a thing?  Intel HD Graphics?  There's your problem, right there.  Have you got the graphics settings turned all the way down, especially any settings related to shadows/reflections?  You should disable pretty much all of the special effects options, because the Intel chipset just won't handle those.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

check with the laptop vendor for the newest chipset and video drivers if there are none try downloading intel driver update program see if there are any newer drivers. one issue with laptops and intel chipset is some of them use system ram for video ram. make sure your not running out of system ram. try turning everything but your anti virus off. if the game is still bugging out it may be time for a new rig this black friday.

2 hours ago, The 1 Endless Waltz said:

I think this is the same system I was using back on live, and while it was a sometimes problems... it seems to be happening with greater regularity now. My graphic card seems to hate the sewer water most of all. If I try to pivot it will occasionally "strobe out" and turn into an epileptic's worst nightmare. Guess it kinda looks like  when you're suffering from vertigo and there's a strobe light going off. Any way to help fix this via some sort of setting ... *digs up computer specs* ... I already know this is a potato... 

OS is Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor - Intel Pentium CPU B980 @ 2.40Ghz (2 CPUs)

Video Card - [] Simply [] Intel HD Graphics w/ 1644 MB Display Memory

Driver Version  - 9.17.0010.3223

Driver Date - 10/10/2013

Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Model 

Mine is a toshiba satellite model also but I have win 10....definitely go to manufacturer website of your graphics card and look for updated drivers....windows lied to me about mine being up to date.

3 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

Windows 8.1?  That's still a thing?  

According to Microsoft There are still like a million people using Windows 8. It's still being used in a lot of businesses apparently. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

5 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

According to Microsoft There are still like a million people using Windows 8. It's still being used in a lot of businesses apparently. 

The old: "It's too expensive to upgrade/train our staff..."

Neatly forgetting if they lose everything due to unpatched vulnerabilities people will laugh at them.

There are still businesses running XP, couple of years ago I came across someone running 95... PC was a brick though with no internet and did just one job (for which the software had never been upgraded).

It's still supported.  I can see why businesses don't upgrade if they made the investment towards it when it came out and want to ride it until it dies, but that doesn't help the OP.

The funny part: you're probably having an easier time with an Intel Graphics chipset if it worked during live than buying a new laptop that uses an Intel Chipset now, with the shim handiwork needed to get it working now.  But yeah, like Rath said above, I'd just turn everything down setting-wise in favor of the highest frame rate possible if a new system isn't in the cards.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.