Sorcery/Force of Will Issue

Myrmidon

Character: level 24 Crab Soldier of Arachnos

Issue: During a Respec, I changed out Mystic Flight for Mighty Leap. I had preveiously deactivated the Mystic Flight tray at Null the Gull and did not re-active it.  The Mighty Leap tray was not active and could not be activated. I Respecced back into Mystic Flight and was able to reactivate the tray. I used another Respec to change to Mighty Leap and the window functioned properly, burning three respecs in total.

I would suggest activating the Mystic Flight tray before respecting if you plan to remove the power and use another Archetype power pool.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Null only Stops or Grant the ability Receive Mystic Fortune. Null has nothing to do with Mystic Flight.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

1 hour ago, Arc-Mage said:

Null only Stops or Grant the ability Receive Mystic Fortune. Null has nothing to do with Mystic Flight.

You must have the actual Mystic Flight power for it to show up.  By default, when using Mystic Flight, a pop up tray appears for Translocation.  Null can disable this pop up.

• Like 2

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

2 hours ago, Kismette said:

You must have the actual Mystic Flight power for it to show up.  By default, when using Mystic Flight, a pop up tray appears for Translocation.  Null can disable this pop up.

This. You just drag the Translocation power to another slot in your trays and disable the pop up tray.

just make sure you turn it back on before you respec, or you will be burning three like I did to reset it.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, grimgribber said:

For some reason, I'm not getting the option with Null to disable the pop up tray with Mighty Leap/Takeoff. Is there something I'm missing?

There isn’t one yet. You can only disable the Mystic Flight tray, so this is some kind of comparability between those two powers.

Aha and so that's probably why you couldn't re-enable the tray without respeccing back into mystic flight.

I hate to tell you this though, you didn't need to respect. You could have just switched to your second build and taken sorcery on it to gain access to the command.

But why did you want to reactivate the tray? Did you think you needed to drag the power icon for Takeoff out of it? You can get your power icons including innates and temp from the powers menu (not the one where you slot things). You can drag icons out of it. If for some reason Takeoff wasn't showing, you could also have put it back on by making a macro that just triggered the powers "/macro Takeoff powexecname Takeoff" 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 2 weeks later
On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, Erydanus said:

I hate to tell you this though, you didn't need to respect. You could have just switched to your second build and taken sorcery on it to gain access to the command.

You know, I should have checked that to be more thorough. Thanks for reminding me.

Everybody forgets about the second build! I do too! And there's a 3rd when you go Incarnate which I think some people don't even know about!

I think the reason I remember it is that I used to very commonly have a 2nd build where I took hover & fly for convenience while base building (and I built a lot of bases on a lot of servers so it was a habitual thing).

Edited by Erydanus
  • Haha 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On a similar note.....I was doing a Freak arc out if Talos, got a concealment suit (or something like that) temp power when I had to go recover the real suit...and although I had plenty of open spaces on my 3 trays, it created a 4th unnumbered tray for that temp power.  I didnt bother even trying to go to Null because I figured it would go away after the mission or the arc (it did).  I don't remember it ever opening a new tray on live and I know I ran the arc on live because I love that arc lol. 

Just wondering, were there changes made after live that cause these trays or is the temp power making its own tray maybe a byproduct of the newer power pools and code just kind of seeping out?  Or did it always make its own tray from that temp power and that arc and I just dont remember it?  

• 2 weeks later

Ugh, just ran into this issue.  Took mighty leap at level 6 and had to search as to why Null wasn't offering me the option to disable.  The pop up tray is annoying as I always put a 4th tray over the top of the initial 3 and the pop up tray messes up that layout.  Now I have to use a 2nd build to take mystic flight just for the option to show up at Null.  I also have to wait until level 10 to even do this since 2nd builds aren't available until 10.  Very annoying.

• Thanks 1