Best Dom pet and why

mbre2006

I'm curious to see what everyone's opinion as far as their best dom pet. By no means is this thread created to see which one of them is the G.O.A.T. (Jack is btw), but just your collective thoughts and opinions of them.

For me I have to rank Jack first. From the moment he is summoned he is on FSU (Explictive F*ck Sh*t Up) mode. He holds back nothing, In another thread I was warning an user Jack is a kill steal pet. If you thought you were going in melee outdoing him you got another thing wrong in life. He will not even let his summoner out do him 

My second favorite is Singularity. Honestly when I summon it I really feel useless because even with permadom it's holds seem to be better than mine. Not to mention it doesn't like enemies getting close and its repel will send them flying. And I've noticed or maybe I was drunk but it has propel attack. Honestly when I summon singularity I feel as if I'm the pet and its the boss. 

So just curious to see what stories or opinions you have to share about your Dom Pet (Or boss if you're a gravity user).

Edited by mbre2006
  • Like 1

Each of the pets is hard to rate on its own because they're all closely linked to the kit they come with. So, like, Jack Frost's slows aren't that great, in part because Ice already slows stuff.

With that criteria in mind, the Dark Control pets stand out as among the best, because they stack relevant debuffs (-ToHit and Fear).  I've had fights with Dark characters where I get mezzed and stay that way for a full minute but the pets end up taking out the enemies.

Gravity's Singularity is pretty tank-like and has good control powers. 

Singularity is probably the best. It is like having a controller as a pet. Or, more like a controller/tank. It is incredibly tough, has a repulsion field that keeps virtually anything from getting into melee with it, or YOU if you stand by/in it and as has been said it helps you set up containment for double damage by hitting things with holds.

Did they fix Jack? I had Jack on an Ice controller back on live and he was squishy as hell and his AI was wonky.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 11/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, Uun said:

Did they fix Jack? I had Jack on an Ice controller back on live and he was squishy as hell and his AI was wonky.

Yes they did. I22 patch notes:

Jack Frost's power choice AI has been improved. He should now use all of his powers as they come off recharge, with much less idle time.

Added 25% typed defense to most damage types and to AoE attacks to Jack Frost's resistance power, with 35% defense for Fire and Cold attacks.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller