Is something going on with teleport pads?

SolarCenturion

• Community Rep

Yes, there is a limit on how many beacons a teleporter can use, it’s 10. That’s clearly stated in the auxiliary section of the object description.

@SolarCenturion, the beacons normally attach to the wall. Are you trying to attach them to the wall, or have you tried changing the attachment type of the beacon? This would be my first guess as to what the problem is.

-Dacy

On 11/14/2019 at 8:04 PM, SolarCenturion said:

For the past few days I've placed a telepad in my base and when I try to put beacons down they don't do anything.  I.e. I select the beacon, my telepad gets outlined in yellow, and I can't place the beacon anywhere. 

Either I'm doing something wrong or something's wrong with telepads 

Are you mis-matching the beacons and teleporter by tech/arcane? They must match or they won't connect, @SolarCenturion.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 9 months later

Sorry to necro a dead thread, but this issue is showing up for me as well--on a teleporter which has only the one beacon attached. When I click the (tech) beacon for Daleth Point, the Interdimensional Shard lights up yellow; when I click the Interdimensional Shard, the beacon shows up in the aux list and also lights up yellow. When I leave the base editor, clicking on the Interdimensional Shard provides a "missing beacon" message.

Any ideas?

12 hours ago, Lens Perchance said:

Beacons and portals must be of the same origin type, namely tech with tech, and arcane with arcane.  

Switch to an arcane beacon and see if that works.

The Interdimensional Shard is a tech teleporter. This was the first thing I checked.

Having the same issue with other teleporters when freshly placed, but not with teleporters that were already present in the base before last night's editing session.

20 hours ago, kyothinks said:

Sorry to necro a dead thread, but this issue is showing up for me as well--on a teleporter which has only the one beacon attached. When I click the (tech) beacon for Daleth Point, the Interdimensional Shard lights up yellow; when I click the Interdimensional Shard, the beacon shows up in the aux list and also lights up yellow. When I leave the base editor, clicking on the Interdimensional Shard provides a "missing beacon" message.

Any ideas?

The daleth ones (those that sound like FBZ locations) are not beacons to places in the game, but places you can choose in your base. If you only have the beacon, and no corresponding waypoint set somewhere in the base, you'll have this issue.

It's been a while since I messed with these, but the waypoints are a different item and are even in a different tab if I'm remembering correctly. I was using them to get to each floor of a skyscraper I was working on so I could get above the upper invisible barrier when the ceiling is set to sky while not in base edit mode.

Edited by Dragotect

6 hours ago, Dragotect said:

The daleth ones (those that sound like FBZ locations) are not beacons to places in the game, but places you can choose in your base. If you only have the beacon, and no corresponding waypoint set somewhere in the base, you'll have this issue.

It's been a while since I messed with these, but the waypoints are a different item and are even in a different tab if I'm remembering correctly. I was using them to get to each floor of a skyscraper I was working on so I could get above the upper invisible barrier when the ceiling is set to sky while not in base edit mode.

I have the beacon and the location set. They were actually set right next to each other, because I was testing a hidden teleporter to make sure it was clickable--which, to be fair, it is, or I wouldn't know that it's not allowing the beacon to connect.

I previously had this issue in another base and it just spontaneously fixed itself after a while, so I guess I'll just have to hope that happens this time as well. Thanks anyway all.

Issues arise when you try to hide beacons/portals. I had that issue, too. I fixed by ensuring some part of the beacon had direct line of sight to the portal.

I know things can shift a little if they'd normally be out of bounds each time the base loads (a bug, I believe). This may be why the issue resolved itself before.