Building above your base

Darkfury

So if I have some sewers and build another 'floor' above that, am I right in thinking that you cannot move between the sewers and upstairs or back the other way without using a teleporter?

There seems to be an invisible barrier between the two areas unless I am missing something.

I could start with an original type base entirely filled in with walls and then build my own sewers ontop of that with stairs leading up to 'above ground' but that's going to be a major undertaking rather than just using the "apply to base" with the sewer walls option. Just trying to work out the best way, I can have a teleported worst case.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm shocked nobody's said anything, but I've toured bases that have like 10 stories high, so I know it can be done without TP. I'd look into one of the threads that talks about building multi-level structures or "outdoor" structures. KOIS has some really cool/elaborate ones.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Darkfury is correct - you cannot travel through an open sky ceiling outside of base edit mode. The bases that WanderingAries encountered must have been built entirely above the base to begin with; the entry portal was moved outside the plot.

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Thanks a lot both of you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken and spend ages building something complex just because I thought something was right when it wasn't! I will either put in a teleporter or have the whole thing including the sewers above the open sky ceiling.

Cheers for taking the time!

19 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

Darkfury is correct - you cannot travel through an open sky ceiling outside of base edit mode. The bases that WanderingAries encountered must have been built entirely above the base to begin with; the entry portal was moved outside the plot.

OH, so they're not even Using the plots for more than a "bedrock" then? That explains a lot!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)