Auto-select new mission when talking to a contact

When running missions, after talking to a contact and getting a new mission, you then have to switch from the Contact tab to Mission, identify the mission you just received (if you have multiple active you have to figure out which is the brand-new mission), select it, wait for the window to stop resizing, then click Select Task to set it as the active mission so the team knows where to go.

How about an option to enable "Auto-select new mission" that automatically sets the active mission to the one just received from the contact? 

Such a nice QoL timesaver.

I routinely only carry one mission at a time so you would think it would set but no, more mouse clicky clicky clicky.  I have ten thousand keybinds because I hate mouse clicking.  Also, if I leave the zone (maybe hit the base to get some insp) its not even yellow anymore when I return so my 'passive' waypoint is gone, too.   

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

its not even yellow anymore when I return so my 'passive' waypoint is gone, too.  

Yeah if you don't actually set your active mission (making it a red waypoint) that will happen. Zoning tends to clear your set waypoint (any yellow marker).

Or a super useful tweak: On the Contact screen add a button "Set this mission" so that we can set the mission from the person we just talked to without having to switch to the Mission tab and figure out which mission was just given.

Often I'll have a bunch of tips and mission arcs and the short text is ... not quite descriptive, so I have to click through a few missions to figure out which is the one I just received and want to run next.