Efficiency Expert

Emotional Wreck

I was running Pither's arc for the Efficiency Expert badge; however, on the kidnap mission I dc'd and the timer ran out. I was able to complete the other missions within the time requirements. Because I did not complete the Kidnap mission, I never received the badge.

I was able to run the same mission again with the same character with someone else and still did not receive the badge for completing all of the missions within the time requirements. Is there any way for me to get this badge now? It is not available in Ouro. I thought that if I ran the missing mission with another person that it would give me credit.

Sorry but that badge has never been available in ouroborus and had always been only fo the mission holder to receive.

There is no other way to obtain it.

That being said, since you had technical connection problems perhaps sending a ticket to the GM may help.

Good luck

• Like 3

One of the more anxiety provoking badges, when I did this on live, knowing it was a badge you could fail and not be able to try again for, I would just run it with another person so they could keep working the mission objective if I crashed and needed time to get back in.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

Back in the day I copied and pasted alt to test 5 times and ran the missions with each one, failing different amounts of the missions.

Goint off some old notes, I failed one and still got the badge. Failing two or more failed the badge...during testing.

On a whim I want back to test server a few days later and logged them in and the badge dinged on each.  Made no sense, I reported it, got the standard thanks response and then an update or two later it appeared to be corrected when I tested it again .

This was circa issue 19 or 20 I think.

given that unforeseen tech issues such as isp failing or PC having a major crash or hardware error that can fail a mission and lose the badge, perhaps it is time to arrange them into an arc for ouroborus.

The missions themselves are easily soloed and a team effort will not give the team the badge only the mission owner. Check for my guide to this badge buried somewhere in this forum

• 3 weeks later

I was thinking about this earlier and had a thought.

Since the missions are randomly assigned from his pool, why not change him to a task pool contact? That way he will continue to assign mission from his pool. Eventually you would get the required missions.

Or am I completely off-base on how task pool contacts work...

Hmm....perhaps turning his timed missions into a strike force that is unlocked after you do his regular arc?  By making it a strike force that can be repeated like the others that would give people that have technical troubles and crashes the ability to try again.

One of the new arcs we've gotten on this server includes branching paths, where the mission you get can change based on your actions in the prior ones. I think that maybe something like that can be used to make a believable arc for this badge. Assuming of course that the system they have in place allows for the missions to branch based on victory/failure of the mission. Having it as an arc also lets it be added to Ouro, which is always a plus.

I'd have the arc play out so if you complete all the timed missions you'd get the badge as normal, but if you fail any of them you instead get directed to a new mission where Mr. Pither talks down to you and, in regular villain fashion, sets a trap to take you out since you disappointed him. Once you survive the trap you then go after Pither for revenge, and rough him up a little. Finishing this alternate path could also give you a different badge: Not So Efficient.

All those Ideas have merit, and also require programming time. I was putting forth a solution that would not take up a lot of Developer time.

Change his contact type, throw it up on beta for testing. If it works problem solved.

If the Devs want to revisit it later, good for them, in the meantime people who missed out on the badge can finally get it.

Edited by DarkonCOH99
  • Like 1