Wormhole now aggroes as soon as you cast it

quixoteprog

Up until recently (the last day or so maybe?) when I would start to cast wormhole on my Gravity / Storm controller I would not get aggro if it missed and even if it hit I would not get aggro until it finished. The last couple times I have used it as soon as I began to cast it all mobs targeted IMMEDIATELY began to react.

I am sure it was behaving this way before, but I suppose THAT behavior could have been a bug. In which case aggro on start of casting is the correct behavior. But either way, I would like someone to either straighten me out on this or confirm that this is a bug, and that it is happening to someone other than me.

Edited by quixoteprog

OK, so I have been pondering the cause of this for hours, since I made this post, and I think I may have figured out why it changed on my own.

I was slotting this power (Wormhole) with Will of The Controller enhancements and the most recent one I added, shortly after hitting 50, was the one that procs psych damage.

I think that proc may be what is setting off the mobs. Does the enhancement need to actually proc damage to set aggro the mobs? Or, is just having a damage dealing item added to the attack enough to draw aggro?

I will probably be unslotting those enhancements and add something else. But it would be nice to know for future reference.

My first thought when I read about your issue was 'is there a proc in it'  BUT I am just learning about sets and procs are still confusing to me so I didnt want to muddy the waters if it were an actual bug.  Once you get them unsorted and replaced let us know if that was the issue or if it is indeed a bug.  I would be interested because I am raising a baby grav so its important information lol !  Good luck.

Ok no this makes perfect sense. Confuse is the same way, you put a damage proc in it and you give up the no aggro of the attack.  I had also been planning to slot it with Will of the Controller simply for the nice numbers and because I thought the proc would get a reasonable workout in there as opposed to say putting it in the AoE hold. (I slot the single target hold as a blast with some frankenslotted hold). Great warning.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I can confirm that damage procs do indeed cause agro. And the timing is instant. I've actually DIED trying to mass hold/confuse a mob only for them to instantly turn and shoot before i was even done casting the power, let alone have it take effect!

If anything, I feel like the agro should occur after the foes have taken the damage, not before.

5 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

I think that proc may be what is setting off the mobs.

Does the enhancement need to actually proc damage to set aggro the mobs?

Or, is just having a damage dealing item added to the attack enough to draw aggro?

Yes.

No.

Yes.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I did unslot and replaced with more neutral IOs and it appears to be back to the way it was. I put them in Crushing Field. Might add the proc enhancement from Overwhelming Presence to get some AoE proc action on it. Not like THAT doesn't already turn me into an aggro magnet every time I fire it off.

• Like 1