Minor nitpick about writing my bio

Gulver

I rolled a character on a RP server and in the midst of writing her bio, a question came up that I had a hard time answering.

What year is it now in-game?  I wanted a character to get her first start during the first Rikti Invasion... but that was a while ago.

There are people who play as if no time has passed since shutdown, some who play as if time has, some who time stood still while the calander date changed, some who have excuses as to why they haven't been around the last decade and why their memory is patchy.

As someone whose main is from a different timeline/dimension where the date is definitely the current one, I just brush off any inconsistencies I encounter as Ouroboros and Project Destiny have a lot to answer for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What VT said.  XD

It's just a mess any way you look at it, and very early-on I think everyone sort-of collectively shrugged and said, "Yeah. It's too tangled to make any real sense of, so do your own take."

'Not a great answer for people who really like to dot the I's and cross the T's on every detail of a codified world with well-understood assumptions, but it's about all we can do under the circumstances.  

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

And just to make things more confusing, at least some people have their characters live 'comic book time'.   They experience many things as time rolls by, birthdays every year, relationships, etc.  But their age remains very nebulous and rarely advances greatly.