Beast Dire Wolf Bugged

Riverdusk

So, finally enhancing up my beast Dire Wolf and noticed a weird thing.  Damage enhancements in him seem to be on the same ED scale as damage resistance enhancements instead of regular damage.  I have 91.5% worth of damage enhance slotted and it is only showing him getting 60.7% out of it for damage boost (after ED).  It even for some reason lists a "Resist Damage" right below "Damage" on the tool tip for him on the enhance screen (also at +60.7%) even though I haven't slotted for resist damage and it does nothing for his stats.

This is somewhat seriously nerfing a big damage dealing part of Beasts MM's.  Surprised I haven't seen anyone else talking about this as it is a pretty clear bug.  Only heard it mentioned offhand in the DPS thread in that in testing it was noticed the dire wolf was at a lot lower damage enhanced than the other two pets even with the same slotting.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

So, finally enhancing up my beast Dire Wolf and noticed a weird thing.  Damage enhancements in him seem to be on the same ED scale as damage resistance enhancements instead of regular damage.  I have 91.5% worth of damage enhance slotted and it is only showing him getting 60.7% out of it for damage boost (after ED).  It even for some reason lists a "Resist Damage" right below "Damage" on the tool tip for him on the enhance screen (also at +60.7%) even though I haven't slotted for resist damage and it does nothing for his stats.

This is somewhat seriously nerfing a big damage dealing part of Beasts MM's.  Surprised I haven't seen anyone else talking about this as it is a pretty clear bug.  Only heard it mentioned offhand in the DPS thread in that in testing it was noticed the dire wolf was at a lot lower damage enhanced than the other two pets even with the same slotting.

Did you submit a support ticket in game about it? It might be a known issue, I know that I submitted one like that about my thugs, just a visual bug but they lose their second upgrade appearances when transitioning between areas and I have to rebuff for them to look right and I'm anal about stuff like that so it bugs me to no end if I don't see fully upgraded thugs. 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, TheSpiritFox said:

Did you submit a support ticket in game about it? It might be a known issue, I know that I submitted one like that about my thugs, just a visual bug but they lose their second upgrade appearances when transitioning between areas and I have to rebuff for them to look right and I'm anal about stuff like that so it bugs me to no end if I don't see fully upgraded thugs. 

There is also a bug with some Incarnate powers where henchmen do not inherit what the mastermind has slotted in always-on Incarnate abilities, like Interface.  Unless the mastermind resummons their henchmen after loading into a new zone, their henchmen will not inherit the Interface slot ability.  This is similar to Assault Hybrid where if henchmen are already summoned prior to toggling the ability on, they will not gain the Assault Hybrid ability; the mastermind must dismiss them, activate Assault, and then resummon them in order to have Assault affect them during the two minute Assault duration and subsequent toggle activations, assuming they don't die during the Assault's downtime.

34 minutes ago, Kommon said:

There is also a bug with some Incarnate powers where henchmen do not inherit what the mastermind has slotted in always-on Incarnate abilities, like Interface.  Unless the mastermind resummons their henchmen after loading into a new zone, their henchmen will not inherit the Interface slot ability.  This is similar to Assault Hybrid where if henchmen are already summoned prior to toggling the ability on, they will not gain the Assault Hybrid ability; the mastermind must dismiss them, activate Assault, and then resummon them in order to have Assault affect them during the two minute Assault duration and subsequent toggle activations, assuming they don't die during the Assault's downtime.

And then there's Melee Hybrid, which doesn't work on your pets at all, except for the extra taunt if you go with the Melee Radial Hybrid.  The only Hybrid that works out of the box with Mastermind pets is Support.

I did a quick test on the test server in AE versus EBs with no powers.  I only summoned my Dire Wolf, and I hid around a corner while I was commanding it in order to block supremacy affecting from giving the wolf a damage boost.  Each time that I ordered the Dire Wolf to attack, I had to make sure that it didn't use Wild Charge before executing an attack;  if the wolf did use Wild Charge, I waited until the buff expired and tried again.  I'm not going to post big screenshots, but only damage numbers from the pet combat log before and after I added three level 50 damage IOs.

Before adding any enhancements in Dire Wolf:

Dire Wolf: HIT damage me! Your Chilling Howl power had a 75.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 0.73.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 39.45 points of Cold damage.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 3.05 points of Cold damage over time.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 3.05 points of Cold damage over time.

After adding three level 50 damage IOs for 99.1% enhancement:

Dire Wolf: HIT damage me! Your Chilling Howl power had a 75.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 32.49.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 78.47 points of Cold damage.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 6.07 points of Cold damage over time.
Dire Wolf: You hit dps me with your Chilling Howl for 6.07 points of Cold damage over time.

From the numbers, it seems as though this is only a display problem and does not affect the pet's damage.  However, the Summon Dire Wolf power accepts damage resistance enhancements (The pet has no powers with damage resistance that can be enhanced...), which is likely why this bug exists.  This can make slotting the power difficult unless one copies the enhancement slotting into another power to confirm the damage bonuses, or use Mid's Reborn to slot damage correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kommon said:

I did a quick test on the test server in AE versus EBs with no powers.  I only summoned my Dire Wolf, and I hid around a corner while I was commanding it in order to block supremacy affecting from giving the wolf a damage boost.  Each time that I ordered the Dire Wolf to attack, I had to make sure that it didn't use Wild Charge before executing an attack;  if the wolf did use Wild Charge, I waited until the buff expired and tried again.  I'm not going to post big screenshots, but only damage numbers from the pet combat log before and after I added three level 50 damage IOs.

From the numbers, it seems as though this is only a display problem and does not affect the pet's damage.  However, the Summon Dire Wolf power accepts damage resistance enhancements (The pet has no powers with damage resistance that can be enhanced...), which is likely why this bug exists.  This can make slotting the power difficult unless one copies the enhancement slotting into another power to confirm the damage bonuses, or use Mid's Reborn to slot damage correctly.

That's a great idea to test it. With 3 damage IOs and T4 Musculature Alpha slotted, does Chilling Howl bump up to 90 points of damage?

8 hours ago, Kommon said:

That I've submitted a ticket about before. I think they consider it a known issue. 

20 hours ago, Kommon said:

I was about to do the same test after someone mentioned in the bug forum that it was just a display bug.  Thanks for saving me the time and good to hear.  It is weird that resist is able to be slotted in Dire Wolf at all.  Will of the Wild is the only power it has with a resistance buff but it is flagged as "ignores buffs and enhancements".  Guess maybe devs originally had plans for it to be enhanceable.  It really doesn't needs it as it stands now, the power caps s/l/c res at 90% all on its own while it is running when you combine it with the Pet IO's and Dire's natural resistances.  Good enough for me.