New Billboards

Marine X

I went on a futile quest to try and locate a Billboard I thought was in the game. What I came away with is that the Billboards and signs in game are at a horrible resolution. If I was able to document them. then reproduce them at a better level of clarity, what format would they need to be in? They are not a 3 dimensional asset, like a building or a rock face, so could very easily be cleaned up and loaded back into place, not changed or replaced, consider it more of a restoration. I don't know if Homecoming would want this but it is something that is within my skill level, if it doesn't require special and expensive software. I'm fluent with Gimp and have been using it for years, so for a non-3d asset, would that be possible?

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I was just thinking the opposite, that while flitting around the Isles the billboards were really starting to take shape.

I threw an example of something I'd run across recently.

That said, this is the thread where to offer your artistic skills.  In the Developer's Corner of the Forums are a few other threads pertaining art and game design.

thug.png

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Protection aside at least you know they would Regulate any stealin' of your property and be damn good at it too.  HmWYqjbR_o.gif

Quick question though.... was it a clear black night with a clear white moon, you know, when you saw this billboard?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Ah, it would seem the devs behind that sign and I are in on a pop culture reference you are missing out on. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Fun Fact:

Spoiler

The catchy musical accompaniment to the seminal hiphop song "Regulate" by Nate Dogg and Warren G

was sampled from a 1982 Michael McDonald song called "I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near)."

Give it a listen for yourself. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 2 weeks later

it's funny I saw the thug collective and I just assumed I had forgotten it.... on the look out for more!

Kinda cool to make small changes like this unannounced. 

• Like 4

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.