Creating macros (I know it isn't this hard...)

Evangeline Blue

I have been trying to re-figure out how to make my taunt power sync with my battle cry.   I know it isn't this hard.  Used to do this all the time with my toons on the original game.

Could someone please help me out with what this is supposed to look like?  I've gone through the guides and I get nowhere.   Somewhere this old woman has lost her marbles, apparently.

Thanks,

Eve

/macro name "powexecname Taunt$$say $battlecry"

name = whatever you want to name the macro, which will show up on the macro itself in your trays and when you mouseover the icon for info.

powexecname Taunt = you want to use the actual name of the Taunt power for this, so if the power is named Warrior's Challenge you put in powexecname Warrior's Challenge

$$ = the $$ symbol is used as a separator between actions queued up as part of a single macro or keybind

say $battlecry = this will cause your battlecry (see your ID page in-game) to be done in whatever chat channel you are currently set for ... local if local, team if team, broadcast if broadcast.

Note that the actual "contents" of the macro to be executed need to be bounded by double quotes so as to define what is explicitly "in" the macro you're writing.

There are additional refinements that you can use to change the iconography of the macro that shows up in your power tray, but there are guides elsewhere in the forums here on how to do that kind of advanced macro writing.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Falsey said:

It might become a bit spammy if you battlecry every time you taunt.

Or change the "say" to "emote" or "afk", so that it just shows as a chat bubble in game rather than in chat.

/macro_image "BlackKnights_Taunt" "My Taunt" "powexecname Taunt$$emote $battlecry"

(If you don't have your battle cry set, you get messages about Incorrect Format: try /local ...)

11 minutes ago, tidge said:

One point about macros (that I initially overlooked) is that a macro button which calls a click power won't show that the click power has not recharged.

You could alternatively bind the key that would activate your taunt power (in my case 0) to do the same

/bind 0 "powexecname Taunt$$emote $battlecry"

If you get bored with it, just reset it to normal

/bind 0 "powexecslot 10"

Edited by Ernesto