Everlasting Roleplayers

Korschsans

Thank you for making the grind more enjoyable during missions. I was on a Manitcore TF and the discussion of someone’s rp kink of watching a mature lady eating a potato came up.  A slow paused followed, and same hero followed up “tough crowd”. Instead the rest of the team admitted being silent because they were all imagining a mature lady with a potato.

Keep it up RPers. Thank you

I can remember weird things popping up in Hammy raids. Something to think on between sets. But honestly, RP server is good I hope they dedicate one of the shards to RP. Fond memories of the ski chalets in Pocket D.

Since returning to the City, I always seem to be online at different times from my old friends. So, I mostly solo.

Having the IC and OCC chat channels has made that a lot more fun than it might have been otherwise. The banter is entertaining... Even though one of the regulars thinks my disaster-prone, teenaged "Sorcerer's Apprentice" is an abomination who's going to destroy the universe because Magic. XD

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Heh.. maybe I should run into them. When my demon summoning ex-Hellion mastermind went Rogue and was marveling at how much the grass was greener in Paragon than the Rogue Isles everyone in IC was super accepting and welcoming to the 'blue side'. A bit overmuch for someone from an abused background and questionable morals.... They kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and will probably be super nervous until it happens.

Can confirm. Nekoali does awesome RP!

I'm happy to see folks out and about doing 'teh rpeas' in public.

Numerous instances of folks in Kings Row chatting in character around Blue Steel. Several in mishes as well.

And there is someone who runs mishes and tfs in character on both hero and villain side.

Its gloriously awesome!

I love it that some folks can sit around chatting in local and enjoying just "storytelling." But for me RP is like the costume and powerset for my character. It's something I do in process, especially PUGs. I love to add flavor, if I can, and I hope it makes the game more fun for everyone (so I try not to over do it).

But I have to admit I'm rusty and I might need to work up some BIND files just to help myself along. Switching from monkey-button-mashing in a PUG running hot reds and purples, to typing in flavor text into the chat box ... how the heck did I do this before? I used to be able to have conversations sometimes right in the middle of a mob group.

Anyway, I promise. I'm working on it.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Oh me too.

I have a character concept then RP around it. Mostly it's just flavor dressing in combat maybe a little outside it.

I think I am past really indepth plots and char development, mostly because i just can't keep all that data in my head anymore. 2015 was a rough year.

So light hearted and superficial is the best I can do now an it works for me.

I really enjoy RPing during a run. It's a balancing act between keeping it interesting without being overbearing and remaining effective while doing a mission. So mostly it's during slow points like between pulls or missions. When people would naturally talk anyway. Even when I'm running solo I'm usually participating in the RP channel.

Being able to juggle multiple things and different characters I guess is just something I've gotten good at over the years. Being the game master in all those table top games had to be good for something.

One thing I can't do though is make a character 'just because'. I just naturally start to make up backgrounds and stories about them. Even if started off as just a 'I wonder how these power sets work together.' Of course, most characters don't start off as more than a simple concept like 'bitter ex merc turned into a cyborg slave by Arachnos and is salty about the situation' or 'truck stop waitress got doused by a pot of radioactive grits and can now summon grits from thin air'. But as it goes on more gets added to the story, often times mid scene... Like it making sense that Cheesy Grits comes from an Army family, or Widowbyte being upset that she can't really eat anymore because she's like Robocop.

For me, the Roleplaying part of an MMORPG is a huge thing, and City is  home to so many great and fun stories. How could I help but to love it?

OMG! I'm back and this is the best. I've re-created my old character Patriot Lass and just went back to RP like there is no tomorrow. Talking with NPCs on Local Chat and comenting on everything going on. There is something in this game that encourages to do it (maybe it's just me) without making you feel like a total fool. I'll be playing her that way though, hope to meet a SG in-game and join them using RP. If you ever see her connected, go ahead and reach her. As long as you believe in Justice, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, you should get along just fine with the crimson starlet! (Also, if you are not a fan of hearing random facts about the US at the worst of moments, Patriot Lass may not be the best fit for your team  ;) )

Hope to see you all about!

I'm pretty new to RPing, but for me, making a solid consistent character concept and cohesive power set and being able to create stories and plotlines with other people either naturally or somewhat predetermined is what I look for in RP. I saw Patriot Lass running around yesterday, and think I saw some of that NPC talk lol. I was very impressed with your commitment to RPing.

Back on Virtue I was a dedicated RPer. That said, I've fallen out of practice, but I rolled my first two characters on Everlasting specifically a)because one of them is a remake/update of my old main M2 (the name was either taken - which means either someone remembered me enough to steal it, or it's a generic enough name to have been taken for another purpose, or the rumors are true and the server team actually does have the database of all the old characters - or some code was changed and now M2 is too short a name), and b)because I want to try to get back in the swing of the RP thing.