Game keeps crashing at random

wjm67x

15 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

And the net result is that you no longer get a "clean boot" without doing it the hard way or simply try a reboot.

Yeah, though I do see the merit in being able to hibernate and the like it's a valuable time saver at times I just feel it was sort of slimy/sneaky for them to make that the default and not tell the general consumer.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, Number Six said:

Yes, that stack trace tells me that it's a corrupt texture swap list in a scene file, which probably means a malformed scene file.

Do you have any overrides in the 'data' directory? Make sure there is not a data\scenes folder under your COH install.

You may want to try deleting homecoming\scenes.pigg, and if that doesn't work, piggs\misc.pigg and letting them get re-downloaded.

It seems my crashes occur for the same reason. Malformed scenes? l saw at 1st map of lTF a thing pretty resembling malformation (a plain near hill, where Nictus ambushes come from was drawn below actual surface).

Stack traces are also very similar:

Theirs:

"crashmode": 641,
    "stacktrace": [
      "0xbc9910",
      "0xb9d6bf",
      "0xba01ff",
      "0xaa71f0",
      "0xf636af",
      "0xf62dee",
      "0xaa7a4b",
      "0xb38846",
      "0xb3d682",
      "0xba26b9",
      "0xe467ab",
      "0xf97cfa",
      "0x752d6359",
      "0x77897b74",
      "0x77897b44"
    ],
    "exceptionaddr": "0xbc9910",
    "base": "0x9d0000"

Mine:

"crashmode": 641,
    "stacktrace": [
      "0xcabffb",
      "0xcb5719",
      "0xc9b36f",
      "0xc9ce45",
      "0xdd3d0b",
      "0xdd3dee",
      "0xdd3dee",
      "0xdd3dee",
      "0xdd3dee",
      "0xdd3dee",
      "0xdd408f",
      "0xdc0891",
      "0xdc1010",
      "0x8bc259",
      "0x8bc7b4",
      "0x89257c",
      "0x893443",
      "0x8940f4",
      "0x89486f",
      "0x88ce85",
      "0x9ef8ff",
      "0x8f71f0",
      "0xdb367f",
      "0xdb2dbe",
      "0x8f7a4b",
      "0x988846",
      "0x98d682",
      "0x9f26b9",
      "0xc967ab",
      "0xde7caa",
      "0x7782919f",
      "0x77bfa8cb",
      "0x77bfa8a1"
    ],
    "exceptionaddr": "0xcabffb",
    "base": "0x820000",

One of addresses:

Theirs address: b3d682-9d0000=16D682

My address: 98d682-820000=16D682

l'm glad at least it may not be connected with some of mah doohickeys. It began occuring after 3-rd December patch.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 12/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, Number Six said:

I'm not sure but I think they did something during the maintenance yesterday, as I haven't had a single game crash since. Now, I probably just jinxed myself by mentioning it.  Crossing my fingers...

8 hours ago, wjm67x said:
On 12/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, Number Six said:

I'm not sure but I think they did something during the maintenance yesterday, as I haven't had a single game crash since. Now, I probably just jinxed myself by mentioning it.  Crossing my fingers...

Well, yesterday l ran on mah character almost whole day, striking 2 health accolades for one of mah toons, changing instances like once every few minutes and crash occured zero times. But l did it solo, so maybe it has something to do with teammates.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 2 months later
  • Game Master
12 hours ago, selfunconsciousness said:

Sorry to necro this - but has anyone found a solution to this yet? I’ve been having this issue for weeks. I CTD seemingly at random. I play on a 2016 Razer Blade with at NVidia GTX1060 gpu, 16GB ram. 

General advice:

• Try resetting your graphics to recommended.  If it crashes still, try resetting to minimum.  Either way, turn one setting on at a time per session and see if it crashes on one specific part.  (I'd start with particle count => 10,000, so you can at least see your powers.)
  • Check your client for two folders:
    • /Crash -- If there are crash reports saved on the days this has been happening, please send them to us using the Support feature above.  Link to this thread in the forums.
    • /Data -- If you have client modifications in this folder, you can disable them all at once without deleting the directory - simply rename the Data folder to something else (/DataBackup) and see if the crashes to desktop persist.  If they stop, you know there's a file in /Data that's the culprit.
  • Check which graphics display mode you're on.  Open the Options menu (either Login screen or in-game) and under the "Graphics & Audio" tab, the first line, "Screen/UI Resolution", pick one of the following three choices.  Windowed and Borderless has less issues than Desktop resolution on some newer systems.
    • Desktop - Uses full screen rendering.  COH has full use of the monitor, all other apps on the display are not processed while the game is running.  One of the more resource-efficient ways to play, but it can be problematic on certain configurations.  There's a performance hit if you Alt-Tab an app open on top of the game.
    • Windowed - Uses windowed rendering, which uses resources as Windows still draws apps on the same monitor.  Safer from bugs.  Alt-Tab is almost seamless.
    • Borderless - A middle of the road: draws the entire windowed screen to the full bounds of the display, but Windows still draws apps on the same monitor.  Alt-Tab friendly as well.

If the above doesn't help, I'd recommend filing a ticket in the Support area so further diagnosis can be done concerning your particular setup.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.