QOL: Separate 'Welcome to Vanguard' from the Fusionette missions

Heraclea

Title pretty much sums it up.

Now, when you do the series of talk-tos that turn on Vanguard merits, you get shanghaied into a series of missions you probably don't want to do again.  The missions are especially unfriendly to stealthists due to Rikti drones and suicidal fighting NPCs.  And that Rogue Isles refinery map is one of the most annoying in the game, especially to non-fliers. 

I usually use three days' grace on many of them just to clear them and escape.   They usually sit undone in the mission tray for a good long time as a result.

Cimerora doesn't treat you that badly.  You do have to talk to Marcus Valerius, but you don't have to take a single one of his timed missions. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

As stated above, Member of Vanguard is sorta separate requiring only part one; 10 rikti (i do monkeys) and speak to four contacts. Maybe you know this and are a completion-ist?

It's just a couple minutes to get the badge. Many likely do it as a mother ship raid is announced.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I always end up with Levantera as a 'book' contact indicating 'story arc in progress'.  The only way to clear that is to do all the missions of that arc through to the second Fusionette mission. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I always end up with Levantera as a 'book' contact indicating 'story arc in progress'.  The only way to clear that is to do all the missions of that arc through to the second Fusionette mission. 

After you talk to Lady Grey just speak to Levantera and 'leave' don't 'ask about missions'.  That's where you get suckered into doing her work for her.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

After you talk to Lady Grey just speak to Levantera and 'leave' don't 'ask about missions'.  That's where you get suckered into doing her work for her.  

Even if you leave, she will still show up in your contacts with a book. I just ignore it.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

IME having book contacts in your list tends to interfere with running story series you actually want to do.  Crimson and Maria Jenkins seem less than willing to put you on their storylines if Levantera's book is open.  There is a limit of these that you can have open at a time, and Levantera's unwanted missions are sitting on one of yours. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

IME having book contacts in your list tends to interfere with running story series you actually want to do.  Crimson and Maria Jenkins seem less than willing to put you on their storylines if Levantera's book is open.  There is a limit of these that you can have open at a time, and Levantera's unwanted missions are sitting on one of yours. 

Ok.  Now that I understand the problem I am down with this.  I never noticed a book on that contact because she is way down on the list and I tend to just run one arc at a time.  For people that do multiple arcs, yes, it shouldnt lock you in an arc.  Maybe if there were a way to drop a contact or drop a book, that might be easier than making her not give you the book in the first place, plus it would solve the problem if there are other hidden gems like this one that clog the limits of arcs and stories.