Storm Summoning: Bots or Thugs?

ScarySai

I like the synergies with Bots/Storm.  Both have significant Disorient to stack.  Storm doesn’t have a heal and the Bots heal themselves.  The defense from Steamy Mists stack with Shields from Bots.  

Bots mature late but once they mature they are very strong and are Defensive.  The added damage from Storm is nice with Bots.  

Pure damage Thugs is probably better but Bots is well rounded and can probably survive tougher missions.  

Both bots and storm want mass immobilizes to hold the mobs in place while the burn patches and tornadoes are active. So I say WITH the caveat of rushing to get the mass immobilize from the patron pool the combo will work well together since you're immobilizing mobs anyway.

Pre mass immobilize I feel it's going to be the usual miserable thing of throwing a tornado or bots doing fire patches and the mobs rushing to gtfo.

There really is a lot of chaos and confusion going with Storm but I feel that pylon runs don't have a meaning in real gaming. Lots of KD, sure, a ton of little numbers popping all over the screen, which looks and feels great, but also enemies scattering and messing things up for the rest of the team who is trying to AoE them down, and in practical terms the enemies surviving longer because of this, compared to throwing a Tar Patch which slows them in place and increases damage taken.

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

Both bots and storm want mass immobilizes to hold the mobs in place while the burn patches and tornadoes are active. So I say WITH the caveat of rushing to get the mass immobilize from the patron pool the combo will work well together since you're immobilizing mobs anyway.

Got two builds ready, Thug uses mace mastery, bot one uses mu (Since the protector bot fills in the defense hole VERY nicely.)

I figure the thug one will at least be better until the AI changes, bots running into melee is the worst.

Also, got all of the most offending storm powers a -kd IO, so no worries there. Turns the annoying into the amazing.

Edited by ScarySai