Personal Bases

hamilcar

I'd like to see people (by account) have the ability to have their own bases (bat cave) and still be able to join a supergroup with their base (JLA Sattelite).  One to chill at, one to RP at and get groups.  I think they should be limited to 1 per account and cost a flat influence rate (to drain influence from the market pool). It's nice to have a safe place to store your stuff.

I been thinking recently that The Vault, which is pretty useless now, could be changed into an account wide storage vault that folks could access say maybe after level 10, and could be used to keep stuff for all characters on an account.  It would need some storage for Inf as well as stuff like Recipes and Enhancements.

Edit: your idea is good for people who would want to customize their base.  But I think not everyone wants to deal with the base editor, especially new people.  Using the Vault would make a simple interface that anyone could use.

Edited by gameboy1234

On 12/13/2019 at 4:53 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Already have done this. I have a personal sg which I use as my storage center, zone teleportation, vendors, trainers, icon, etc. All while still being able to access my sg base via macro or manually enter with passcode.

But the issue with this is that your super group name is displayed as your unique group. It excludes you from possible conversations taking place in SG channel which I know are not a lot but still.... 

I agree with the poster it would be much nicer if I can make a sub base for my account, that at minimum could provide me storage and teleporters. Maybe limit the size of it or something so it is not to cumbersome on the server. But even from a SG stand point I am sure groups would like to be seen more and have their name out there more because the members that belong don't have 2 toons in the SG and 20 in their own person group. This solves that issue. 

On 12/14/2019 at 4:24 PM, gameboy1234 said:

I been thinking recently that The Vault, which is pretty useless now, could be changed into an account wide storage vault that folks could access say maybe after level 10, and could be used to keep stuff for all characters on an account.  It would need some storage for Inf as well as stuff like Recipes and Enhancements.

Edit: your idea is good for people who would want to customize their base.  But I think not everyone wants to deal with the base editor, especially new people.  Using the Vault would make a simple interface that anyone could use.

Vault would be easier but it takes only about 20 minutes to set up a small base with storage and teleporters it isn't that hard to do. But then it does leave open the choice for someone to do more to their personal SG base if they want to, where a Groups base is probably limited to who can edit it and not all members of a larger SG get that option.