Keep Weapons Brandished

Ghostangel63

I was wondering if there was any way to create an option (a special key, for instance) to keep our weapons out if we choose, instead of pulling them out of seemingly nowhere. Other games have that option. Albeit the other games are newer, but still it would make my gaming experience far better than it is now. Either that or allow us to shoulder our weapons or holster them. I'm sure when I say this is one of the best games ever, I'm not alone. If you guys can figure that out, it would make the game---in my eyes anyway---ten times better.

Thank you much,

Ghost Angel

• Like 2

Click the Tray button above your life bar. It will hide the tray, but while the tray is hidden, you will not put your weapon away automatically. It's probably a bug, but it does what you want it to do. Presumably, you can use additional trays (plus button, separate floating tray) and keybinds to still have a visible hotbar while the actual tray tray is hidden.

They don't have bindings for extra trays in the in-game options menu, but using, for example...

/bind 2 "powexec_name Lightning Bolt"

...and then slotting Lightning Bolt in the second slot, will accomplish the same thing -- you can see the button and where it is, so you know which key to press, and then the cooldown timer is appropriately visible.

It purely depends what power you use if your weapon goes away or not. As for replacing your weapon in its holder, kind of sounds like reverse redraw. Instead of playing an animation of drawing your weapon when you use a weapon skill, you play an animation when you use a skill that's not a weapon still. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist. Maybe an idea to put forth. 

I normally just tap one of my DB powers to keep them out. It's annoying a tad, but works.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 months later