Not able to change skin color/secondary colors in costume creator

Vikingpower01

Minor issue, but in the costume creator section, I can't change skin colors, or change the secondary color for any element.  Or in the case of capes, which to interior colors.   Can change the primary color without any issue.   Wasn't sure if there's something new in the interface I'm not aware of that I need to change, or if its a function of the 64bit client or some other source.   Any insight is appreciated.

Edited by Vikingpower01

This is on a new character I take it? Can you provide a screenshot of the character? I know some costume pieces have restrictions, but I've not seen an issue with being unable to change skin colour.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Try pressing Alt+Enter to see if this issue only happens in Windowed or Unwindowed mode. I've heard of UI scaling issues making the system think that a button is somewhere other than where it appears to be; I don't know if this might be your issue.

46 minutes ago, Roderick said:

Try pressing Alt+Enter to see if this issue only happens in Windowed or Unwindowed mode. I've heard of UI scaling issues making the system think that a button is somewhere other than where it appears to be; I don't know if this might be your issue.

While going into windowed mode didn't itself help, you were right, something in the UI scaling or a combination of my resolution and scaling has the area of these that are clickable off from the actual 'button' themselves.  It took some time and really fine mousing but I was able to find the edges that were clickable.   Thanks very much to everyone that came into help.  It was an odd head-scratcher.   Thanks again everyone!

Edited by Vikingpower01

7 hours ago, Vikingpower01 said:

While going into windowed mode didn't itself help, you were right, something in the UI scaling or a combination of my resolution and scaling has the area of these that are clickable off from the actual 'button' themselves.  It took some time and really fine mousing but I was able to find the edges that were clickable.   Thanks very much to everyone that came into help.  It was an odd head-scratcher.   Thanks again everyone!

Perhaps provide your settings/scaling info/system info. That may provide further clues to the devs on where the issue lies with regards to clickable areas not aligning with their respective buttons.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 5 months later

Well i can tell you the issue still exists. i can no longer select secondary color. UI scaleing turned to auto. running at 4K resolution. if that helps pin it down. tryed the alt+enter. still no help. only notcied trying to make a new toon on reunion since my server is down.