Safe Mode Client Discontinuation FAQ (READ THIS IF YOU USE SAFE MODE)

The Curator

Hmmm...I've never used the SM client, so I had no idea there was already a pop-up to remind them.  But, my bet is that most of them have gotten so used to clicking through it, that they likely don't take much notice of what it actually says.  But, you're right.  What can be done, has been done.  If the new patch goes live, and they scream "How could you leave me high, and dry like this?!?!?!?", they'll just have to get in line for the help once reminded of how long they had, and how many chances they passed-up to solve this issue before hand.  I'm sure there will be some whose hardware just can't make the transition, and that is unfortunate.  But, it happens with all games eventually if they are around long enough.  I don't want to lose anyone, but it almost always happens with this kind of transition. 🙁

What was no more, is REBORN!

Last night I was playing on a Lambda. In the middle of the fight with Marauder: crash to desktop. I sent the crash report, logged back in, and rejoined the trial. A minute later: crash to desktop. This time, after sending the crash report, I logged back in using safe mode and finished the trial without any further issues. Safe mode works. Remember that the crash handler has only been live since late January. So, for most of the time since the 64-bit upgrade, no one at Homecoming had decent info in why these crashes are occurring or, very likely, how widespread the issue is. With that in mind, I'm both perplexed and disappointed that safe mode is going to be abandoned when people still need it to play the game.

• Thanks 1

• Widower unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Widower locked this topic