Do the admins/devs also seed "in need" enhancements?

kelika2

3 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

The seeding of salvage provides several benefits.  First, it guarantees that there is always some of that item for sale, which was a problem for some rare items on Live.  Second, it acts as a breakwater against artificial shortages induced by marketeers.  On Live, marketeers could buy up all of the available salvage of a type & drive up the prices for that salvage for a time, making it difficult/impossible for normal players to purchase what they wanted/needed until the market normalized with the price bubble collapsing.  With salvage seeding, a marketeer would need to buy through a million salvage seeded at artificially high prices in order to have his fun.  While not impossible, this reduces the marketeer's profit incentive & probably would take most of the fun out of the exercise for them. 

While these artificially-induced market bubbles never lasted all that long on Live, they did act as a disincentive for AH-wary players to use the system.  I see no reason to end the seeding.  It does no harm & may be doing some good by acting as a guarantee of a supplier of last resort on the AH.  I applaud the HC devs for adding this mechanism to the flawed, but useful, AH.

I would say that fungibility across salvage is a much more effective tool for keeping prices in line than the supply ceilings.

Who run Bartertown?

Thanks for explaining why my rare salvage bids were taking so long 🙂

I've actually found that if I need a particular piece of rare salvage right now, it's quicker to hit AE and run Bads in Space twice, which produces enough tickets to just get what I need from the AE vendor. Though the particular AT/PS I'm playing makes a difference in how long it takes.

Edited by RikOz

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I would say that fungibility across salvage is a much more effective tool for keeping prices in line than the supply ceilings.

Agreed.  I didn't want to confuse the issue by bringing up bucketing, but cerrtainly that dev innovation has been highly effective, as you noted.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!