Duplication - A Mastermind Primary

7 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

I can't really think of anything else that seems fitting for a 'Duplicator' character though...

Most pets have a debuff or Status effect of some kind. Maybe like a chance for confusion from some pets and/or a -res from being overwhelmed and uncertain of who is who. It would also be highly thematic that the perfect copy have a taunt.

I had previously envisioned a Clones powerset as being more science/mutant-ey, and thus lobbing some sort of chemical bomb at enemies as their blast.  The temporary clone attack is cooler, though. 

Random aside, has anyone here played One Must Fall: 2097?  There was a fighter type, Shadow, that basically launched afterimages of itself out as a form of quasi-projectile attack.

Edited by Menelruin
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

I had previously envisioned a Clones powerset as being more science/mutant-ey, and thus lobbing some sort of chemical bomb at enemies as their blast.  The temporary clone attack is cooler, though. 

Random aside, has anyone here played One Must Fall: 2097?  There was a fighter type, Shadow, that basically launched afterimages of itself out as a form of quasi-projectile attack.

I have indeed!

I was actually basing the attacks off characters such as these, mostly Noob Saibot from the Mortal Kombat series.

• Like 1

The only other idea that comes to mind for attack powers that wouldn't take much effort is making it a bit more melee focused like Demon Summoning.

I'm thinking that it might be possible to make close ranged versions of Mental Strike and Telekinetic Blow, and having the 3rd attack look much like Flurry. You just summon a bunch of disembodied fists to do the smacking.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1