Rediscovering old ❤️ love

Snarky

Next up valentines event. And i am rediscovering an old love: Grav/Energy Dominator!!!

I had one of these perma-dom back on live before the Dom changes. It was no a cheap build back then and i ended up shattering and scavenging the pieces after a few months 

i ran through what feels like a hundred squishies as i have been alting in Homecoming. I even rolled one of these for a hot minute back in November i think. But i was running about every Sentinel combo and it got lost in the noise 

i have been running Brutes and Tanks as usual for most of my content. But once in a while rolling a squishy alt. And i have been learning

Last night i rolled a new Grav/Energy Dom. One person complimented me on the costume and another on my backstory. Both uncommon occurrences for me. Okay thats a good sign lol

i roll a couple DFB then into a PI team until 18. Then drop into a Posi 1. I like to run my alts through the TFs mostly in order. It helps me understand the build and earns merits

it was not a super fast TF. We finished in like 53 minutes. We split up at least once which slowed us down. We killed a lot more than we needed to almost scrubbing the floors in at least two missions that probably didnt need it. 

But i was starting to get a feel for how useful a Grav Dom is. I had my AoE hold when i started and got to add a couple hold SOs to it before the final mission. It was not up very often so i had to save it for what i knew were the toughest fights. Likewise with Dom

i knew i was in the happy zone during the last mission. I was immobilizing groups as we mowed them down and pew-pewing like mad. We hit the city hall steps and i hit Dom and held the first wave. There were craptons of course but we held the door and did not struggle. The two groups inside i could only immobilize but that seemed  to help a lot

then we walked over to the shadow fight.  Dom was back up. As was my AoE hold. I had one sm yellow and three small reds. I looked at the teams health and energy bars. It was time. I ate the candies popped Dom. Hit power up and kept walking. I AoE held the entire group as soon as i was in range. Then we just burnt them down. They never moved. Oh yeah. That was nice. The team seemed a little in shock. There were some confused yet happy statements “that was really easy!?!”  

i am going to Perma Dom the thing and work on getting as much ranged defense as possible. I have learned a lot about ranged being 8+ feet and using that to great advantage. I look forward to having the oddball tools in my bag that Grav offers and seeing the changes they made in the powers. They seem  way more useful then back on live

and of course still working my regular projects like tanking all redside. (Just finishing up 25-29 content this week)

nice to rediscover this old friend. all prettied up with new costume parts and power revamped. Oh and me being a more proficient player doesnt hurt either

• Like 4