Laptops and COH: A Modern Guide

GM Tahquitz

5 hours ago, biostem said:

That is certainly your prerogative.  There are measures in place in case the seller is illegitimate, though.  Either way, that has not been my experience.  *** shrugs ***

Yeah.  I know about those measures.

Know what I got told?

"We just connect buyer and seller".

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Yeah.  I know about those measures.

Know what I got told?

"We just connect buyer and seller".

This, again, has not been my experience.  Sorry you had a bad experience.  No reason to put off others.  Check the seller's feedback, do your due diligence, and use a payment method with buyer protection.

54 minutes ago, biostem said:

This, again, has not been my experience.  Sorry you had a bad experience.  No reason to put off others.  Check the seller's feedback, do your due diligence, and use a payment method with buyer protection.

Yeah.  I just prefer not to deal with things on that level anymore.

Not worth the hassle.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 3 weeks later
On 11/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, biostem said:

I got the below used laptop for $50 +s/h.  It's far from flashy, but it'll play CoH just fine if you use the -usetexenvcombine startup parameter.  If you can afford about $20 more, you could get an i5 w/ 8GB of RAM.  You have to install your own OS, and you'll want to stick to reputable sellers, but those will get you up & running.  Also make sure they include the AC adapter and a SSD...

Laptop listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/225236795662

Update:  An i5 listing for reference:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/354352367209?hash=item52810c0669%3Ag%3A56kAAOSwrbRjLh5f&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoKWzpS%2BjZy%2BQPTA4YIabI4tYpDnWUSgojCCCF1jATY9ZfZCJTz5JyEGqqUJ9zSJrGELVpaK96sfFR%2FaQFE73RgaZE%2FWXVXq5POsUMOstZwfIBp4YnGknLuS4wN%2BDbIRNDVmCH5It8wqqVJYNGlyo2YqP4dDVbHKZ8qUhsIiggxUoO1tqO43RwQnRxVl3KtRtb2ml5UykJIcC4SBdXpXTsXA%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5K7-_SPYQ&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3|4

thanks! i ended up getting an hp elitebook, but it turns out it would not run the game. seems like the intel uhd graphics wasn't hefty enough i guess. i will look into this one, i think i saw one on amazon refurbished. thanks again!