GMOTD Weekly Strike Targets Updates

Stripes5

So, just out of curiosity, who is in charge of updating the Weekly Strike Targets in the Global Message of The Day? This info is:

- Almost never adjusted on Sunday night when the strike targets change,

- Usually updated at some point on Monday, 12-24 hours after the inaccurate information greets every player on login or /gmotd command,

- And this week, still wrong well into Tuesday?

Could this responsibility be automated, or turned over to a community team that might have more interest in keeping it accurate and correctly updated?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw a lot of confusion over this once again yesterday on excelsior... it is also still not updated a day later.

Can we solve this once and for all and remove the manual WST updates from the GMOTD?

Instead put a link to the forum thread about it and a notice:

To see the WST check LFG in the chat panel.

WSTs are marked purple and change every week at 04:00 UTC every Monday morning.

Here is a link to know the current and future weeklys:

I do not disagree what this thread is proposing, I do believe consistency with the weeklies is nice.

Keep in mind a couple things though:

1) The people updating this are all volunteers. I'm amazed at what they have already done within less than a years time.

2)  I could be wrong about this, but the gmotd updates come along with other maintenance/patch updates, so it is usually more than just a little edit implementations (if I'm wrong about this, then ok.-if a Dev wants to come and educate on the programming process).

3) Given how a schedule is already up (see above), I assume it's either A) Possibly automatic or B) It is manual,  but again due to the above two points, not as simple as flipping a switch.

• City Council
14 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

1) The people updating this are all volunteers. I'm amazed at what they have already done within less than a years time.

2)  I could be wrong about this, but the gmotd updates come along with other maintenance/patch updates, so it is usually more than just a little edit implementations (if I'm wrong about this, then ok.-if a Dev wants to come and educate on the programming process).

3) Given how a schedule is already up (see above), I assume it's either A) Possibly automatic or B) It is manual,  but again due to the above two points, not as simple as flipping a switch.

The actual changeover in-game is automated, but updating the message of the day was manual. We've now just done this:

image.png.1bd558ba4d9aa48ba3d1ed397082322b.png

So manually updating it is no longer required - that shortlink will take you to the forum thread with the entire schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I would add that you can check LFG for WSTs as long as your character is the level and alignment required - many people do not know that. If you dont want that in the GMOTD you can just put it into the forum post.

Also a side note: heard someone mention the purple is hard to see for them so you might consider making it more visible or adding an icon - maybe a merit. That would probably require coding though.