QoL / Slight buff to electric blast sets

Right, and I was saying (alternatively) to have VS's attacks chain (since, hey, you know it's there, and since it's already got that cast time/duration...) and perhaps give that buff to AOEs while it's there or for 20s.

The reason I'm iffy about adding that chance to chain for all attacks is that I'll usually end up casting it just prior to trying to pull something out of a room and not wanting to chain then (it'd be within that 20s.) Of course, I could just cast afterward then, couldn't I. 🙂  Disregard the objection then. Works either way!

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Right, and I was saying (alternatively) to have VS's attacks chain (since, hey, you know it's there, and since it's already got that cast time/duration...) and perhaps give that buff to AOEs while it's there or for 20s.

The reason I'm iffy about adding that chance to chain for all attacks is that I'll usually end up casting it just prior to trying to pull something out of a room and not wanting to chain then (it'd be within that 20s.) Of course, I could just cast afterward then, couldn't I. 🙂  Disregard the objection then. Works either way!

Adding attacks is something else I had suggested before to VS.  Some suggested giving it a -recovery or a pulsing sleep aura.  A chain attack wouldn't be too bad either.

But adding the "chance to chain" on casting VS was just a tossed out idea.  My first choice would have been the Power Boost to ENDmod effects.  There's a lot of ideas with what you could do to improve electric blast.

Mind you, I love Elec. First 50 was one back in I3 or so. But.. yeah.

Pre-Defiance 2, VS was (as I'd mentioned) a boon - it could attack while I was held, something no other blaster could do. Saved my neck a few times. (Granted, it grabbed more aggro and got me killed a few times too...) Helps currently, too, it's just not as much of a "set differentiator." Which it should be.

The endmod wouldn't hurt (it would *have* to have that -recovery boost to make it useful, though, given how NPCs can attack with the slightest bit, it seems.)

Sleep... hmm. While not the *same,* I do rather like adding the chance to stun IO (I forget which endmod set off the top of my head) to the attacks in Elec. Get a couple elec blasters going with that (I had a group that made a team of 4 with those) and it gets amusing.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Even though I mentioned it in the past, I'd be against all attacks having a chain chance now. 

I'd rather have 1 heavy chain attack (Zapping Chain?) to differentiate it and make use of a unique chaining snipe that it could tote above other sets. This on top of making the end sapping back to you consistent on hit, a boost to VS in some fashion.... and then something with Tesla Cage if we're being nice 😛

if Zapp is a chain that deals less damage than other ST snipes, giving some ST back in TC would be nice.

27 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Even though I mentioned it in the past, I'd be against all attacks having a chain chance now. 

I'd rather have 1 heavy chain attack (Zapping Chain?) to differentiate it and make use of a unique chaining snipe that it could tote above other sets. This on top of making the end sapping back to you consistent on hit, a boost to VS in some fashion.... and then something with Tesla Cage if we're being nice 😛

if Zapp is a chain that deals less damage than other ST snipes, giving some ST back in TC would be nice.

Frankly, I don't think I'd like a chaining snipe primarily because the way I picture a chaining snipe, the "chain" part would be nearly instantaneous the moment it strikes the initial target and would need a good flashy "ZZZZKKTTT!" like animation to go with it.  I don't think a good flashy animation would be in the works for it.  Besides, you'd also need it for every other AT that gets Zapp.

Just a what if, but what if the whole "all attacks having a chain chance" was its means of spreading -recovery?  Just a moderate long lasting (15secs) of -recovery per target chained.

Just now, Leogunner said:

Frankly, I don't think I'd like a chaining snipe primarily because the way I picture a chaining snipe, the "chain" part would be nearly instantaneous the moment it strikes the initial target and would need a good flashy "ZZZZKKTTT!" like animation to go with it.  I don't think a good flashy animation would be in the works for it.  Besides, you'd also need it for every other AT that gets Zapp.

Just a what if, but what if the whole "all attacks having a chain chance" was its means of spreading -recovery?  Just a moderate long lasting (15secs) of -recovery per target chained.

Well, Zapp is a big bolt of lightning as-is so I pictured that would be what jumps about! It doesn't necessarily need to be Zapp, but I'm not sure what else would fit. I wouldn't mind the other AT's getting "Zapping Chain" either, possibly just in the Blast sets tho and not epics.

If it chained -End/Rec.... eh, its nice but I'd rather the damage. If it were to be a "triggered" effect, it'd be nice if AIM in the set were altered into sort of a "Tidal Forces" clone that maybe gave less stats but let you chain for the duration?

• 2 weeks later

Electric blast has multiple issues.

Short Circuit is just too slow and does too little damage. End drain rarely does anything, so that aspect of the power is not useful. Compare to Radiation Blast/Irradiate, its basically better at everything.

Charged Bolts + Lightning Bolt does not make a single-target attack chain. With fast snipe, Zapp can give a chain, but requires too much amount of recharge to work. There is the MU Lightning animation that could make a 3rd single-target attack for Electric Blast, but that would require something else to be cut. No easy solution.