Possible drop rate bug

MalphiteMeIRL

I've noticed in the past 4 or so days the amount of rare, purple and PvP IOs have tanked. It went from i25 drop rates to very much feeling like live.

It is a small sample size as it's just me. On average I would get a purple recipe every 4-5 runs of the demon map, and a PvP IO every second. It's been over 30 runs in the past bit without any purples, very few rares and just one PvP IO. Also noticed Purple and PvP IOs ballooning in price recently.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm guessing it was unintentional since there was nothing in the patch notes about it.

Yeah it massively increased the rates, seems almost like it's back to live. But as mentioned just myself is a small sample size.

I can confirm something funky is going on with the drop rates, along with Inf/XP drops.

While I can't tell, exactly, what's wrong with the Drop rates (I haven't seen a purple *or* PvP IO since AE came back up, and neither have the three other farmers I play with, which is extremely odd.).

The Inf/XP rate seems to be understandable though;

AE XP went from 100%, to 50%, when the global XP/Inf rate was set to 150%. Meaning it's true value was 75%. Now that the global XP/Inf modifier has gone down to 100%, the true rate of XP/Inf rate of AE is ~37.5% as opposed to 50%.

(Mission content gives ~2.7x more XP then AE content, which means it's set at ~37% XP. 37.5*2=75, 75=150%/2)

My theory.

To further posit on this, I'm wondering if the SCORE team switched to the old "Live" drop rates in addition to the old "Live" global Inf/XP modifier. This would explain the lack of PvP IO drops and Purples in AE, along with the number differences between Mission content and AE content.

Oddly enough I've mostly been doing oldschool farms (demons, warriors etc.) and have noticed a pretty big decline. Maybe some of the tweaks to AE or general XP changes unintentionally affected the droprates everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if the drop rates somehow to sent back to old-live values due to server migration shenanigans. On the other hand, AE is giving quite a bit less raw inf then it should, and that's undoubtedly an unannounced nerf, or bug.

On the other hand, I'd be curious. I'm still doing AE missions, and despite hundreds of IO drops, not a single PvP IO has dropped. Any chance anyone here has seen, say, a Purple from AE or a PvP IO from any farm content?

The more information gathered, the quicker they can fix the bug, if it's a bug, or spill the beans if intentionally nerfing something.

The only change to reward tables on my end was to change the XP boosters from Super Packs to Experienced; nothing else changed, no drop rates changed. XP Scale doesn't affect drop rates, or at least it shouldn't.

Did i25 up the rates? Cuz purples feel just as streaky as always to me. PVP IOs seem to drop way more regularly for me than purple.

The actual drop rates for recipes has not changed from Issue 24; only the rarity distribution has, in order include PVP recipes. PVP recipes drop just as often as purple recipes at level 50; but since they drop at all level ranges, you will see a lot more drops for them as you level up.

The rarity distribution, at level 50, is:

75% common

19% uncommon

4% rare

1% very rare

1% pvp

The rarity distribution in Issue 24 was:

76% common

19% uncommon

4% rare

1% very rare

It's very nice getting those PvP ios from low content. TF runs have netted me several of the low procs that were cost prohibitive on live. The insane fantasy builds I made for fun during the hiatus are now not so insane, well assist from how many there are.