***WARNING!!!***

_NOPE_

Hold on this isn't an issue with my computer's DNS service needing to restart. Your website has literally never loaded for me since you got it and the machine has been rebooted many times. Isn't really the situation that my [really large employer]'s DNS is not updated with your website's address? If that's the case isn't it more of a problem with your domain name registrar not sending out the entry properly?

I tried to look up the IP address using MX Toolbox and it says "Unable to resolve "www.cityofplayers.com" to an IP address."

I also tried keycdn and it also said "Hostname did not resolve any IP."  (https://tools.keycdn.com/geo?host=cityofplayers.com )

There was another random service I tried that did find your entry. So it's out there - but not consistently.  So it's not just my workplace's DNS not finding your website.  I'm giving this info to you - do with it what you will.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I'm sorry, it looks like you're right:

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/cityofplayers.com

I've contacted my provider, and we'll see what they say. I purchased the domain from GoDaddy, but the actual service is run on HostGator, so there's probably some conflict there, even though I have my GoDaddy domain pointing to the correct HostGator nameservers... we'll see.

I'm out.

Yep! It loads now! I'm glad your work can be appreciated by the community now!

EDIT:

Holy shit Arcanaville is back. You might want to add her to the tracker too. Devs + Arcanaville is a solid package. ;)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

The email could not be sent. Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.

Suggestions to correct. Running Windows 7. Using Chrome as the browser.

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

I have no idea what either of you are talking about. Anyways. I'm LOVING my new computer! There's no CHANCE that my old computer could even ATTEMPT to do the things that I'm trying to do, all at the same time!

dVBbV7P.png

I'm out.

The email could not be sent. Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.

Suggestions to correct. Running Windows 7. Using Chrome as the browser.

Trying to register for you site. Says I registered. Never received an email. Tried the forgot password link and got the above error msg. I'm running Windows 7 and using Chrome as the browser.

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

What, CityOfPlayers.com? There's nothing to register for. I have no functions related to registering. If you see a register link, it just came with the system, I didn't add it, and I don't really plan to use it for anything.

I'm out.

There IS a registration link on the front page though under Meta:

Meta

Register

Entries RSS

Comments RSS

WordPress.org

Might be something baked into WordPress?

By the way there isn't a link to the dev tracker if you go to the top of the domain there. Like say you can't remember if it's /devtracker or /developer_tracker/ or whatever. I think you should have that linked.

• 4 weeks later

For my own future reference, I finally found the powers definitions publicly available on OuroDev at:

https://ourowiki.ouro-comdev.com/index.php?title=Magnet_Links

Named "Paragon Data Directory Dump", or Faptastic.7z. After you extract the files, you'll find the powers files at Defs\powers. That contains all of the rules/defs for the powers. I previously got this info for my "Powers Checker" from a compiled .DEF file that someone had posted on Discord - then I lost it. I had no clue where they got the large .DEF file from or how they made it. But now that I know where to get all of the actual data from the individual files, I think it might be much easier/faster to get that into a database and make an improved Powers Checker.... again, when there's Time™

I'm out.

For my own future reference, I finally found the powers definitions publicly available on OuroDev at:

https://ourowiki.ouro-comdev.com/index.php?title=Magnet_Links

Named "Paragon Data Directory Dump", or Faptastic.7z. After you extract the files, you'll find the powers files at Defs\powers. That contains all of the rules/defs for the powers. I previously got this info for my "Powers Checker" from a compiled .DEF file that someone had posted on Discord - then I lost it. I had no clue where they got the large .DEF file from or how they made it. But now that I know where to get all of the actual data from the individual files, I think it might be much easier/faster to get that into a database and make an improved Powers Checker.... again, when there's Time™

Slacker!

Seriously - appreciate your devotion to the community and the game

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 4 weeks later
On 6/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Erydanus said:

This site can’t be reached www.cityofplayers.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

It means that the DNS service is not working properly on either your side or the server's side. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS , or remove all cookies and cached files on your browser will help to resolve this issue immediately. Like any other error, there are several ways you can solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problems by yourself.

•     Release or Renew Your IP Address
  •     Change DNS server
  •     Restart DNS Client service
  •     Reset hosts file
  •     Reset Chrome Flags
  •     Reset Winsock program

On 8/19/2019 at 1:56 AM, bennetcole said:

It means that the DNS service is not working properly on either your side or the server's side. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS

Wow you are SO LATE to respond to this. Before answering a 2 month old thread you should read the rest of it next time. Anyway, you were completely wrong with your answer. His domain registration hadn't properly propagated. It's been fixed since then.

• Like 1