Lore AMA 2020?

Drakwatch

Since the recent resurgence, has there been any interest in getting some questions together for a Lore AMA this year with the old Paragon Studios devs? The anniversary is coming up soon. We haven't had one since 2016, and I'm not sure who, if any, would be open to answering lore questions, but with the recent surge in CoH interest, there has got to be plenty of questions folks could come up with.

Just wondering if there has been any talk about it.

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

I am certainly curious to learn more about the past, even if its bearing on the future is minimal.  I've yet to hear if the Homecoming Team is going to hold the expressed plans for "Statesman's" return to heart, leave the guy perma-dead entirely, pull some horrible "not really dead/got resurrected" nonsense with a "because comics" excuse, or just quietly shift that piece of lore in to the hands of the players by never addressing it officially.

18 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

I am certainly curious to learn more about the past, even if its bearing on the future is minimal.  I've yet to hear if the Homecoming Team is going to hold the expressed plans for "Statesman's" return to heart, leave the guy perma-dead entirely, pull some horrible "not really dead/got resurrected" nonsense with a "because comics" excuse, or just quietly shift that piece of lore in to the hands of the players by never addressing it officially.

Statesman that was due to come back isn't actually OUR statesman, it's Tyrant, who sees that the people need a symbol and so dons the Statesman mantle in order to make up for all that he did as Tyrant. Only the player character and the Freedom Phalanx would know 'in canon' whilst the rest of the world would think that Statesman hadn't actually been killed and instead had needed time to recover.

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Like 2

STyrantman?

Personally, I prefer to think of the entire Who Will Die? arc as a set of Architect Entertainment stories gone HORRIBLY WRONG ... to the point where heroes/villains (and everyone in between) as been BRAINWASHED into thinking those stories are REAL ... instead of really bad "fan fiction" run amuck (because, Nemesis Plot Holes are a Thing™).

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

As bad as the writing may be, or as vindictive as the author may have been, I still feel quite alright with States and Psyche being dead.  I'm less plussed about how messy the rest of the game's narrative became over it, though.  And if anyone from that arc deserves to be brought back from the dead, it's Malaise!

22 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

As bad as the writing may be, or as vindictive as the author may have been, I still feel quite alright with States and Psyche being dead.  I'm less plussed about how messy the rest of the game's narrative became over it, though.  And if anyone from that arc deserves to be brought back from the dead, it's Malaise!

The entire games Narrative is a touch messy.

The Incarnate timeline is wonky because you'll encounter Marchand and Mr G well before actually encountering the Incarnate content which takes place before those arcs. Not to mention it's not made clear what Incarnate arc is meant to take place when with Belladonna meant to be some time in between BAF, Lambda or Keyes and the rest of the iTrials (since it mentions the attack being under way).

• Like 1