I haven't seen any Dark/Energy threads...

Gammos

Hello all,

I just made myself a new Dom and I like him so far. Finally got to 27 so i'm about to respec and get some IOs. I was searching through the Dom forums and I couldn't find a single Dark/Energy thread of build example...I wonder what that means... *Insert conspiracy music*

In all seriousness tho, I'm digging the pair so far but I would like some feedback from anyone that's tried the pairing before. I typically prefer a little more AoE in my toons but theres a lot of AoE possibility and I have a feeling this toon will mature well. What say you all?

-Gam

it’s an excellent combo that has nice synergy going for it. i messes with Dark/Energy and Earth/Energy on the test server and am having a hard time deciding which i want to roll on live...thinking dark will win as i’ve played earth extensively. 

i think doms have the best form of energy assault, so long as you manage the knockback...which is why people probably avoid the set.  

I don't have too much familiarity with Dark Control, just seems light on control altogether.  But it seems to sacrifice stronger control for more damage with Haunt and Umbra Beast.  Energy Assault is just fantastic though, especially the powers from level 20 onward.  

From the looks of Dark you'll want to take Dark Grasp, Possess, Haunt and Umbra Beast and one of the AoE controls like Shadow Field or Heart of Darkness.  On the Energy side you'll then want to take Bolt, Bone Smasher, Power Up, Whirling Hands, Total Focus, Power Burst and Snipe.  I'd also recommend Soul Mastery for your epic pool.  Hope this helps.   

I've never tried this pairing but everything about Dark Control suggests it should work well.

Open with Fearsome Stare, then run in with Heart of Darkness. This puts you in range for Total Focus >> Whirling Hands.

With this combo I'd probably I'd go with an APP with a Resist shield. The Psi APP in particular is attractive because of 2 slots for Luck of the Gambler +Recharge while still getting a Resist shield, plus the chance for +100% Recharge in Psinado. You'd also get around +6 defense to all from Link Minds. 

Thank you all so much for the insight! So far I really feel crazy powerful, albeit very squishy. I have no sets yet and i'm taking my time and enjoying the ride. 

5 hours ago, Mezmera said:

I don't have too much familiarity with Dark Control, just seems light on control altogether.  But it seems to sacrifice stronger control for more damage with Haunt and Umbra Beast.

I would disagree with you here. Dark has an amazing amount of control from what I see. A very fast charging AoE stun, Fear, Confuse, AoE holds/ Immob etc. I was actually impressed with just how much I could lock down once when I was in a council map and our team accidentally aggro'd the ENTIRE room haha. Not to mention all of the delicious -to-hit. I would def recommend you try one out :)

3 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I've never tried this pairing but everything about Dark Control suggests it should work well.

Open with Fearsome Stare, then run in with Heart of Darkness. This puts you in range for Total Focus >> Whirling Hands.

With this combo I'd probably I'd go with an APP with a Resist shield. The Psi APP in particular is attractive because of 2 slots for Luck of the Gambler +Recharge while still getting a Resist shield, plus the chance for +100% Recharge in Psinado. You'd also get around +6 defense to all from Link Minds. 

So far i'm loving it! I will look into the Psi APP, thanks for the suggestion! I was leaning towards Primal because of ET and conserve power (he's an end hog) but i'm not married to that choice.

Thanks again everyone!

Question about Whirling Hands: The Game data suggests that it should be hitting for WAY more than it actually does. The Mids data has a different damage total than the game. I'm not sure if there's a glitch or what but one of those is incorrect. 

At lvl 35 Mid's says the base value hits for 125.7 (Unslotted)

The in game data says it should hit for 339.46 (Unslotted)

Anyone have experience with this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gammos said:

Question about Whirling Hands: The Game data suggests that it should be hitting for WAY more than it actually does. The Mids data has a different damage total than the game. I'm not sure if there's a glitch or what but one of those is incorrect. 

At lvl 35 Mid's says the base value hits for 125.7 (Unslotted)

The in game data says it should hit for 339.46 (Unslotted)

Anyone have experience with this?

Whilring Hands was updated for Homecoming with some additional mechanics that were not in the original version of the power. When you are in "Energy Focus" mode the power deals extra damage.

You have a small chance to enter Energy Focus mode when you punch an enemy that is Stunned. (This is the possible synergy with Dark Control). If you punch an enemy with Total Focus you have a 100% chance to enter Focus mode. 

I haven't run the numbers or played Energy Assault much, but from what others have posted, the damage boost is substantial. 

6 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Whilring Hands was updated for Homecoming with some additional mechanics that were not in the original version of the power. When you are in "Energy Focus" mode the power deals extra damage.

You have a small chance to enter Energy Focus mode when you punch an enemy that is Stunned. (This is the possible synergy with Dark Control). If you punch an enemy with Total Focus you have a 100% chance to enter Focus mode. 

I haven't run the numbers or played Energy Assault much, but from what others have posted, the damage boost is substantial. 

No kidding, let me go back in the patch notes! Thanks for the info. I can just imagine damage potential of Power Up -> Heart of Darkness -> Whirling Hands

Maybe adding Living Shadows in there before WH. Can't wait to run some more in game tests later :D

7 minutes ago, Gammos said:

No kidding, let me go back in the patch notes! Thanks for the info. I can just imagine damage potential of Power Up -> Heart of Darkness -> Whirling Hands

Maybe adding Living Shadows in there before WH. Can't wait to run some more in game tests later 😄

I would probably do Fearsome Stare >> Living Shadows >> (run in) Heart of Darkness >> Total Focus on a boss >> Whirling Hands.

One unfortunate thing is your immobilize is a cone while your main AoE is PBAoE, but this non-synergy ("enervy?") is built into Dark Control anyway with Fearsome/Heart so no huge worries there.

11 minutes ago, Gammos said:

I can just imagine damage potential of Power Up -> Heart of Darkness -> Whirling Hands

No, because you won't be in Energy Focus mode.. you have to stick Total Focus in before Whirling Hands, as Oedipus said, in order to be in Energy Focus mode before firing Whirling Hands. You should have time in Power-Up's boost period to fire HoD - TF - WH for a lot of Stunning, Whirling, and Focusing. And Energy.

41 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I would probably do Fearsome Stare >> Living Shadows >> (run in) Heart of Darkness >> Total Focus on a boss >> Whirling Hands.

One unfortunate thing is your immobilize is a cone while your main AoE is PBAoE, but this non-synergy ("enervy?") is built into Dark Control anyway with Fearsome/Heart so no huge worries there.

Sounds like a plan. Ill give it a shot!

39 minutes ago, Coyote said:

No, because you won't be in Energy Focus mode.. you have to stick Total Focus in before Whirling Hands, as Oedipus said, in order to be in Energy Focus mode before firing Whirling Hands. You should have time in Power-Up's boost period to fire HoD - TF - WH for a lot of Stunning, Whirling, and Focusing. And Energy.

Maybe I misunderstood what Oedipus said. I thought that WH would still take advantage of them being stunned through heart of darkness's mez? I'm not home to test it now but if not, I can definitely use that combo you suggested. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Gammos said:

Maybe I misunderstood what Oedipus said. I thought that WH would still take advantage of them being stunned through heart of darkness's mez? I'm not home to test it now but if not, I can definitely use that combo you suggested. Thanks!

Whirling Hands deals double damage if you are in the special Energy Focus mode. There's a small chance to enter that mode when you use low level Energy attacks on enemies are stunned. However, with Total Focus you have a 100% chance to enter the mode, which is why you want to cast it just prior to Whirling Hands and can deal double damage.

Yeah target something in the mob with a TF then follow up with the Energy Focused Whirling Hands.  The revamp to Energy Assault substantially raised the potential dps to where I can't say it couldn't be the top atm.  

As for what I was saying earlier about what Epic pool to go with I suggested Soul Mastery, not Psi.  Soul Mastery has Soul Drain which amps your damage greatly, a real good resist shield and it also has an end drain to help fix your endurance issues.  Highly recommend.

• Like 1

So I did some tinkering and came up with a non-purple, recharge focused build. I know this isn't top tier but I wanted to bring it up for critique and see if the good people here could help fill in the gaps. I am not married to the Soul patron pool so if anyone has a reason against it, i'm open. Eventually I would like a perma-Dom build with nice accuracy. Those are my two top priorities as of now. When I get the funds I can worry about purples. 

Thanks!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Dr. Macabre: Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(5), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(9), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), BslGaz-Slow%(40)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(5), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(9), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(34), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(39), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 8: Possess -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(11), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(13), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(36), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(43), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Fearsome Stare -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(13), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(15), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng(39), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(43)
Level 14: Power Blast -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(15), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(17), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Heart of Darkness -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(17), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(19), Stp-Stun/Rng(25), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(48)
Level 18: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Haunt -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(21), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(21), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng(40), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Whirling Hands -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Obl-Dmg(25), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(27), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42)
Level 28: Total Focus -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Hct-Dam%(45)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(33), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(33), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), BldMnd-Acc(42), BldMnd-Dmg(46)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Dark Consumption -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(3)
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 8.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 6% Defense(Melee)
  • 6% Defense(Smashing)
  • 6% Defense(Lethal)
  • 12.88% Defense(Fire)
  • 12.88% Defense(Cold)
  • 17.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 17.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 21% Defense(Ranged)
  • 12.25% Defense(AoE)
  • 2.25% Max End
  • 3% Enhancement(Stunned)
  • 5.5% Enhancement(Terrorized)
  • 83.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 50% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 5% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • 110.6 HP (10.88%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 25%
  • MezResist(Held) 25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 25%
  • 10.5% (0.18 End/sec) Recovery
  • 22% (0.93 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 16.25% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 16.25% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 6.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 6.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 10% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 15% SpeedRunning
Edited by Gammos
To include bonus totals

Well for starters do not skip power burst.  It's just far too good of an attack to skip, you'd much rather wait on this and have it in your build than power blast.  My damage chain goes Soul Drain, Total Focus, Whirling Hands then Power Burst and Snipe to finish any stragglers.  Blasting groups of targets alternating two meaty finishers like snipe and power burst without even leaving where you're standing is great.  

Honestly you look to have way more control powers than you'll find necessary.  Dark Grasp, Possess, Haunt and Umbra Beast are must take.  Then I'd probably go with Shadow Field and maybe Heart of Darkness.  Don't have playtime with Dark so not sure how these powers are in action, I don't really like that the hold is a target location power nor do I like stuns as a control to rely on.  Also, if fearsome stare has a cone as good as Mind Controls Terrify I'd probably take that but I doubt it does since it's such an early aoe control.  Fear powers are not a hard control power since the targets still tend to fire back from time to time.  

So you can see why I say I see Dark as having more leaning towards damage since I have more questions about the nature of its controls than I would on most other regular dom primaries and especially in comparison to my Mind doms.  

There's definitely room to trim your primary and secondary powers down a bit to fit in another pool like leadership, sorcery or force of will.  

Edited by Mezmera

5 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Well for starters do not skip power burst.  It's just far too good of an attack to skip, you'd much rather wait on this and have it in your build than power blast.    

That was actually an oversight while planning on Mids. A side affect of late night planning that I will correct :) .

Honestly you look to have way more control powers than you'll find necessary.  Dark Grasp, Possess, Haunt and Umbra Beast are must take.  Then I'd probably go with Shadow Field and maybe Heart of Darkness.  Don't have playtime with Dark so not sure how these powers are in action, I don't really like that the hold is a target location power nor do I like stuns as a control to rely on.  Also, if fearsome stare has a cone as good as Mind Controls Terrify I'd probably take that but I doubt it does since it's such an early aoe control.  Fear powers are not a hard control power since the targets still tend to fire back from time to time.

The issue for me is I feel like there are too many great options to narrow down. I find myself using every control power liberally as I've been leveling up. The only exception is I don't use Shadow Field as much, but it feels like I shouldn't get getting rid of any of them haha. Honestly, I would like to get rid of the Melee powers but I could never with all of the damage potential there. Is Bone Smasher really necessary since I have TF and WH?

7 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Also, if fearsome stare has a cone as good as Mind Controls Terrify I'd probably take that but I doubt it does since it's such an early aoe control.  Fear powers are not a hard control power since the targets still tend to fire back from time to time.  

Fearsome Stare is the usual opener for Dark Control. With a 70' range and 45 degree cone it gets the whole spawn at longer ranges, and adds in about 11% To Hit Debuff. It's usually slotted for To Hit Debuff since that lasts through attacking the mobs, so slotted up it's about 15%. Over 20% with a Power Up version. It allows you to pretty safely throw Living Shadows to keep mobs from moving (and do damage, and add in about another 7% To Hit Debuff), and then go in for Heart of Darkness. Definitely way better than Shadow Field.

With Power Up and slotted with 6x Cloud Senses, which has nice set bonuses and adds in some damage, FS+LS add up to over 35% To Hit Debuff in addition to the control effects. This is the real secret of Dark's defensive strength, not the actual control effects. Add in Heart of Darkness with 4 DAMAGE procs (for 250 damage or so), and that's over 45% To Hit Debuff along with a 34 second Stun or so (if you slot with 2x Acc/Stun/Rech in addition to the damage), and you're shutting down spawns, flooring the To-Hit of Bosses (leaving aside Domination), and doing about 350 AoE damage to boot. And you're in melee range at this point, so you throw in  the usual Dominator PBAoE (Total Focus-Whirling Hands, for Energy Assault), and the minions in Whirling Hands' sphere are cleared. And the Boss is also Stunned since TF will stack with HoD. If you have Domination it's even nastier, but unlike a lot of Dominator builds it doesn't really rely on Domination since the -ToHit keeps you pretty safe.

8 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Well for starters do not skip power burst.  It's just far too good of an attack to skip, you'd much rather wait on this and have it in your build than power blast. 

One more thing: the power to really not skip is Power Push. I'm not sure if there were updated to Energy Assault that aren't reflected in Mids Reborn, but in there it has the highest DPA, better than Power Burst and available earlier. It's also nice to have a guaranteed knockback (back or down if you put the Overwhelming Force Dam-KB2KD IO), and it has one of the best Accuracy bonuses, even better than a Snipe, allowing you to totally proc it out and still slot up the damage. Definitely take that first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

Fearsome Stare is the usual opener for Dark Control. With a 70' range and 45 degree cone it gets the whole spawn at longer ranges, and adds in about 11% To Hit Debuff. It's usually slotted for To Hit Debuff since that lasts through attacking the mobs, so slotted up it's about 15%. Over 20% with a Power Up version. It allows you to pretty safely throw Living Shadows to keep mobs from moving (and do damage, and add in about another 7% To Hit Debuff), and then go in for Heart of Darkness. Definitely way better than Shadow Field.

With Power Up and slotted with 6x Cloud Senses, which has nice set bonuses and adds in some damage, FS+LS add up to over 35% To Hit Debuff in addition to the control effects. This is the real secret of Dark's defensive strength, not the actual control effects. Add in Heart of Darkness with 4 DAMAGE procs (for 250 damage or so), and that's over 45% To Hit Debuff along with a 34 second Stun or so (if you slot with 2x Acc/Stun/Rech in addition to the damage), and you're shutting down spawns, flooring the To-Hit of Bosses (leaving aside Domination), and doing about 350 AoE damage to boot. And you're in melee range at this point, so you throw in  the usual Dominator PBAoE (Total Focus-Whirling Hands, for Energy Assault), and the minions in Whirling Hands' sphere are cleared. And the Boss is also Stunned since TF will stack with HoD. If you have Domination it's even nastier, but unlike a lot of Dominator builds it doesn't really rely on Domination since the -ToHit keeps you pretty safe.

Jeez! That's exactly why I LOVE Dark. So many amazing benefits. I didn't even consider the strength of the -tohit factor. My issue with this build it is appears to be extremely tight and every power can have a case usage. As of now, I could live with skipping Shadow Field. When I get home from work i'll rework the build and look at numbers for Power Push as you suggested. 

One thing I know, is that no matter what, the potential for dominance (no pun intended) is high. Thanks so much for everyone's input!

Yeah you can definitely drop bone smasher.  It's a nice attack I keep until 30 then I respec it out since it becomes obsolete in comparison to the damage chain you can access 20-38.  I don't really think Power Push is advisable over Power Burst.  It's a neat little extra control but I'm pretty certain the t9 burst behaves like it should now in terms of raw damage with a chance of knockback.  When picking powers you can just click to show the statistics of each power you're looking at and scale it to 50 to get an idea of what it'll do.  After the Energy revamp I did this with all those powers and Power Burst's dpa in game showed up stupid good in comparison to all the other attacks in the power set and its a ranged blast.  That's not to say all of the energy attacks aren't good because they definitely got a lot of love, bone smasher, power blast and power push would be great attacks on other power sets.  

I'd say from what's suggested for Dark is to keep the fear, heart of darkness and living shadows and probably drop shadow field.  As for Energy I'll say the only powers you'll need to take from that are Bolt, Power Up, Whirling Hands, Total Focus, Snipe and Power Burst.  

Hopefully this gives you an idea of what you can trim out to fit in some other beneficial shields and such.  

Edited by Mezmera

Power Push is a ranged attack, not a melee, and in Mids it has the best DPA... I did think that I remembered some updates to Energy Assault that may have touched Power Burst, but Power Push on its own merits is excellent and I'd certainly take it ahead of Bonesmasher. And ahead of Power Burst in MIds, though I'd have to make a character to look at the in-game numbers to see if they're right or not.

I know it's a ranged attack I used it quite frequently in RV back on Live.  You do realize that Mids might not be attuned to the current state of the game eh?  I just logged on and tried to respec my /energy dom. 

Power Push has a dpa at level 50 of 78.76

Power Burst has a dpa at level 50 of 169.63

This is before enhancements mind you so the potential you can pull out of Power Burst compared to Push just multiplies.  

Power Burst has statistically the best dpa of all the powers in Energy Assault not accounting for Whirling Hands.  On top of that it also benefits from Energy Release if you have it built which is good for those AV fights.  Whereas Power Push does not, so yes all around Power Burst trumps it in every way.  

Get off Mids and log into the game for some real time stats I would suggest. 

Edited by Mezmera

Ok, I think I got something I can work with in-game until I can purple this guy out. I caved and put in the Dom specific Enhancements to add recharge and ranged def. I believe I have enough for perma-dom, just about soft capped range def and some proc in there for good measure. Thanks again for everyone's help. I'll be testing this build out and seeing what becomes of it.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Dr. Macabre: Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Hold(3), Lck-Acc/Rchg(5), Lck-Rchg/Hold(11), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(5), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(46), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Possess -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(13), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(19), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(27), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(42), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(43)
Level 8: Power Push -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb(13), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(19), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(27), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 14: Heart of Darkness -- Obl-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(15), Arm-Dam%(25), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(31), RopADop-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Power Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 18: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Haunt -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(21), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(21), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng(34), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(46)
Level 22: Whirling Hands -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Dmg(23), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(42)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(33), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(33), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(33), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), BldMnd-Acc(45)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Power Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 21.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 21.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 6% Defense(Melee)