I cast an Ouro portal in Ouro

Display Name

Now this didn't cause any problems at all, but it was kinda fun to watch the players click on my portal and reappear a few feet away.  When my Ouro recharged, I was able to cast it again and again.

Anyway, I believe the conditions that allowed me to do this was the fact that we started the Lambda itrial in Ouro and exited the tf back into Ouro (instead of arriving the "natural" way.)  I've never checked other TFs for this glitch and tbh, it was only coincidence that I noticed it this time.

I'm not reporting this as a "problem," but I suppose it's worth reporting.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Update: My Ouro portal still works in Ouro.  I exited to Atlas Park and re-entered with my portal and it was usable when it recharged (in Ouro.)

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Can confirm, my ROGUE character entered Ouro via Echo-GC (so the portal would not be on cooldown); was able to place portal.  I was unable to do this on my Vigilante toons, and I have zero hero or villains with which to test this.

I place my ouro next to the main one, and it is a small/insta-tp.  Kind of fun and annoying at the same time!

• Thanks 1

Rogue and Villain have this ability, since (I believe) there used to be two instances of Ouroboros; one for Heroes and one for Villains.  The Hero instance locks the use of the Hero Ouroboros Portal Power, and the Villain instance locks the use of the Villain version.  Now that both sides are in the Hero instance, the Villains have free reign to create endless loop portals.

Just my assumption based on memories from a decade ago.

The hero  and villain Ouro portals are actually two different powers, if I'm remembering correctly. That's why the red side version can be renamed like any other summoned pet (Kaikara calls hers "Illusion Gate", after the Sorcerer's capital city travel portal from Aion. XD) while the blue side version CAN'T be given a custom name.

It looks like one may have been tagged with the "can't summon here" flag while the other wasn't.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

20 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

The hero  and villain Ouro portals are actually two different powers, if I'm remembering correctly. That's why the red side version can be renamed like any other summoned pet (Kaikara calls hers "Illusion Gate", after the Sorcerer's capital city travel portal from Aion. XD) while the blue side version CAN'T be given a custom name.

It looks like one may have been tagged with the "can't summon here" flag while the other wasn't.

Yeah, I also notice that it is targetable (as a friendly).  I like renaming it... adds more flavor.  Maybe I'll switch my Vigilantes to Rogues just for this!  Heh, prob. not.