Rise of the Phoenix Question

TrashBasher

For the most part I understand the power but I am curious as to the particulars.

1) During 20 second immunity can you attack mobs or are you only able to use self only powers.   This is like Personal Force Field or Phase Shift. 

(I want to know if this might be a time for Time Bomb.)

2) Can you slot Sudden Acceleration for the KB->KD  Mids says no.

What is your opinion on it's utility vs a Self Rez power like from P2W Vendor (no immunity so you die quick).

Thanks! 

re: 1, Yes I'm pretty sure you can.

re: 2, I have no idea but considering you just died that's not a really big concern, put health (unslotted it only heals you for 50%) or something on it 

the cooldown is much shorter and the untouchable period is EXTREMELY useful, the P2W self rez is a little bit better than using an awaken insp but only a little bit.

You can definitely start attacking right after the rez; you cannot be buffed by friends nor hurt by enemies (although there is a very tiny window where you first rez before the protective buff applies that sometimes will bite you, but that is very rare). I usually turn on the sustain power as soon as I rez and then either attack or add more shields (or drop inspires if I have any left).

I love the power personally. It is visually fantastic and a great way to shed debuffs plus it deals good damage in a very large AoE. The KB is big and I prefer it to KD on this power, but you cannot slot KB enhancers nor can you slot Knockback Set IOs. I do recommend getting at least 33% heal enhancing in the power.

Thanks for the replies.  I first started out with Personal Force field, which I have used effectively on occasion but I found that sometimes death happens so fast that PFF was pointless.  So why not try RoTP.  It also has the side benefit of not being as fixated on min maxing for defense to prevent dying.  It opens up more powers to play with.

On 2/4/2020 at 4:41 PM, TrashBasher said:

What is your opinion on it's utility vs a Self Rez power like from P2W Vendor (no immunity so you die quick).

Note: there's two P2W self-rezzes.

Renewal of Light does: "The restoration blasts nearby foes with an explosion, knocking them down and disorienting them. You will revive with about half of your hit points and endurance. You will be invulnerable for a brief time and protected from xp debt for 20 seconds. "

Return to Battle imitates a ding-rez: "If you are defeated, you may return to battle empowered by the effects of several types of large inspirations!" and makes you untouchable for a little while. But takes 1 hour to recharge!

I love RoTP, one of my favorite powers. Lesser heroes say you can't do damage if you're dead. They are obviously wrong.

I keep the P2W as an emergency backup.

If I need a self rez I get the p2w vendor one. Taking IOs into account, good blasters don't die often.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

For me RoTP has given me freedom.  I don't need to Min max as much.  I can take fun powers that don't get a lot of use but are fun to use on occasion.  Now I can wade into a mob, plant Time bomb and trip mine and if I die, RoTP.  I would never do that without it.  It isn't a defeat, it is a plan executed to perfection 🙂 

Edited by TrashBasher
  • Like 1