Is this hardware failure?

WanderingAries

I've been getting some odd behavior as of late WRT the Samsung drivers. Upon boot, the Magician Software throws an error about Rapid Mode being disabled due to a driver error after which it goes through an uninstall and a "like it or not" reboot. It seems that I don't even have to have this mode enabled now for this to happen if I wander into the software settings now. I've already upgraded to the latest version, but it still happens. I'm pretty sure that this is the startup software that's causing a pause in my startup routine as well.

My thoughts are split between it being a driver issue or something to do with the mSATA that this (Rapid Mode) is being assigned to in the first place. The drive is responsible for the system temp files (swap, etc) as well as where apps are aimed to place temp files as well. I have a total write of around 5 Tb and 3k hrs running. The drive health (as with all of them!) is great and temps stay in the 25-45C range generally. When used this disables one of the SATA2 ports (hence it runs at SATA2).

Specs Below:

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I'd start off with doing a System File Check (SFC) and a Disk Error Check.  If those pass, then you might need to manually track down all the components of the driver and delete them by hand, then reinstall.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

Edited by Ura Hero

I think it's likely the latter as the drive contains the primary swap file as well (which makes drive scanning "fun", but not impossible).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)