"The Origin of Power" - Positron Skipped

Blackfeather

Exactly what it says on the tin - said mission arc instead goes through War Witch, Manticore, Synapse and Penelope Yin, skipping Positron's dialogue.

How to reproduce:

• Be level 30 or higher (Blueside)
  • Speak to Percy Winkley, go through the Origin of Power
  • Instead of getting Positron as the next contact after Manticore, Synapse is talked to instead

If I'm remembering correctly how it worked on live, you didn't go to all of the "origin" contacts; you always got War Witch, because she had the "ancient" background about power origins, but which three of the other four you got was random; the only consistency was that you were supposed to always go to the contact for your origin. Now, it's entirely possible that the randomization has gotten broken and we're always getting the same sequence -- I had two characters who got War Witch, Penelope Yin, Manticore, and Synapse, but IIRC both of those were Natural.

• 7 months later

I have done this arc on a few characters of different origins. IIRC they only visited War Witch, Penelope Yin, Manticore, and Synapse although I seem to remember there being another contact included also.

I have noticed another bug related to this arc. On live Percy was introduced by Montague Castanella and possibly Buck Salinger after you finished his arc (although I am not certain). At the moment the only person who introduces Percy is Salinger after you complete his arc. That's how my characters got Percy as a contact. Recently I had a character who needed something to do who had not done Croatoa and and didn't have Percy as a contact. I checked in "Find Contact" but Percy was not listed. I was able to go talk to him and get the arc.