PvP Duel Ladder on Indomitable

Void

This post is to gauge interest in starting an official Duel Ladder on Indomitable. A Duel Ladder would be a community ran PvP league that allows players to register a set number of characters under their global and compete in ranked matches against other participants. The basic rule set of the ladder would be something along the lines of:

- Ladder rankings will be kept up to date on the forums. Community appointed representatives will administrate rankings and update the ladder as match results come in.

- Challenges can be issued through the forums, PvP discord, or the in game PvP chat. The challenger must challenge someone of higher rank and declare which character they will be playing.

- The player receiving the challenge may choose any one of three registered characters in response to a challenge.

- If the challenger wins, they will ascend one spot on the ladder. The higher ranking player does not lose their position on the ladder unless the challenger is the player immediately below them in which case their positions become swapped.

- The player receiving the challenge can also elect to forfeit (in which case that player will descend one spot on the ladder) the challenger in this case will stay in the same position on the ladder.

- Everyone starts non ranked. You can become ranked by dueling someone already ranked or by dueling another non-ranked player.

- If two non-ranked players complete a match, the losing player is placed at the very bottom of the ladder and the winner will be placed above them.

- If you win your first match against an already ranked player, you are placed second to last on the ladder.

- Three characters per global (swapping a character from your rotation would penalize you one position on the ladder)

- The player that is top ranked on the ladder is allowed any number of characters in their rotation as a "Champion's Perk".

The pros of the ladder is that players can be very flexible with when to schedule matches. Additionally, since it's a duel ladder you don't need to be reliant on teammates to show up. It would be up to the community to establish a standardized rule set for arena matches such as match duration, maps, inspiration usage, incarnates, temp powers etc.

Some cons would be that this would take place in the arena. I know there are people only interested in zone pvp. Another con would be there aren't any prizes (maybe the mods can give you a nice gold title)  this ladder would be just for the sake of competition and fun. Lastly, this is an individual thing, I know getting full on team pvp back is a big priority for a lot of people.

Please comment if you would be interested in participating or if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the ladder system.

This is dope. Could also schedule some matches on Sat/Sun to make it like a PPV event with the kickball lol. Think about it... Kickball to warm up then watch a bunch of 1v1s after and commentate in the discord. I'm a fan of ufc so that's what I'm picturing here hahahaha.

twitch.tv/nojiyo36

Love the idea, seconded with M3z on disabling the incarnates, but also I have a proposition to actually use the ranking system. It could also function as a draft system at the beginning of the "season" for when we actually have a team ladder league in place in the near future. People who aren't on teams already could possibly be drafted by another team to play for them. However, that's a whole other can of worms to get into (who gets to draft, and when etc etc). Just an idea to expand the amount of people who have never played team arena before, and to encourage more competitiveness. Needless to say, I'd participate.

• 2 weeks later