A transparent Minimap

Razor Cure

The in game map is pretty good, and even better with Vidiot maps (for Zone maps), but for some missions (big cot caves, newer warehouse maps with multiple loops) can get painful, even if you pretty much know all the layouts. In those kinda situations, I often have my map up, as I play, to avoid backtracking. The trouble is, the map sits on a totally opaque black background, and needs to be a decent size to show most of the map. Even with a high resolution, that is a bit of screen real estate that is lost to teh void.

A transparent map for InMission, just showing the floorplans, would still be easier to follow, but not take up 'more' of teh UI than it has too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Is there maybe a texture which we could just mod to be translucent and do this without needing official Dev support?

The question is whether the current menu system permits transparent backgrounds;  I cannot recall any of said menus having such a feature...

Can’t you change the opaqueness of the map in the menu options?

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

3 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Can’t you change the opaqueness of the map in the menu options?

You can change the opacity of ALL the windows simultaneously via the options menu.

I believe you can change individual windows by doing a /wdwsave, editing the appropriate entry in a text editor,  then doing a /wdwload. I'm not 100% sure if alpha is stored per window in the file or not, though.

• Thanks 1