installation problems

w1ll

After you backup things like your costumes and the /data folder, try doing a full uninstall and then install it into something like c:\Games\COH. Often times when it stalls like this there's an issue with your AV, so putting that whole folder into the AV's whitelist should help. Checkout the Installation thread for specifics.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

5 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

After you backup things like your costumes and the /data folder, try doing a full uninstall and then install it into something like c:\Games\COH. Often times when it stalls like this there's an issue with your AV, so putting that whole folder into the AV's whitelist should help. Checkout the Installation thread for specifics.

I am on linux- I should've mentioned that 

• Lead Game Master

To confirm, have you made sure to install the required files to get Tequila (and CoH) working via Winetricks? That is to say:

• dotnet35sp1
  • vcrun2015 (not needed if Wine is the latest version)

Speaking of which, the output of wine --version would be useful as well, along with your Linux distribution.

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

Just now, GM Korvin said:

To confirm, have you made sure to install the required files to get Tequila (and CoH) working via Winetricks? That is to say:

• dotnet35sp1
  • vcrun2015 (not needed if Wine is the latest version)

Speaking of which, the output of wine --version would be useful as well, along with your Linux distribution.

I am not sure, it's pretty late RN.

I am going to assume no I don't have those files.

btw I am running lutris 5.0 wine I think, and my distro is pop os 19.10 with kde plasma as my DE 

Just now, GM Korvin said:

If you're running Lutris, I assume you attempted to install the game using a Lutris script? It may be somewhat outdated. I recall creating an experimental one, but I can't guarantee that it'll run as expected.

I did not use a lutris script, I ran the tequilla exe using a custom dir. 

• Lead Game Master

Alright, that's good. I'm not too familiar with Lutris, but there ought to be a way to use Winetricks with it. Once that's figured out, things should probably run fairly smoothly. This may also be a good resource for you, to make sure you have everything you need to get Wine running properly. Since your Linux distribution is Pop!_OS, it's Ubuntu derived, you'll find the steps there the most helpful.

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

4 minutes ago, GM Korvin said:

Alright, that's good. I'm not too familiar with Lutris, but there ought to be a way to use Winetricks with it. Once that's figured out, things should probably run fairly smoothly. This may also be a good resource for you, to make sure you have everything you need to get Wine running properly. Since your Linux distribution is Pop!_OS, it's Ubuntu derived, you'll find the steps there the most helpful.

thank you for the help, I'll try these out when I'm next at my PC

it's pretty late RN for me, gotta sleep.