Game client ?

wmtyrance

Does anyone else have to reinstall the game after windows updates or any change to your PC? I seem to have to do this sometimes. It installs quickly but I just find it strange. I have the Tequilla icon on the desktop but it changes to a page icon and when I click it tells windows can't find the program and should I delete the icon.

Every few days this seems to happen. I get a grey popup box that says the Tequilla exe has changed or moved and asks if I want to delete the short cut. Then I have to reinstall. Would love to know why this is happening.

Until you find a solution to this, then I suggest the following:

1) Make sure to keep the installation location simple; IE: I use c:/Games/COX/Tequilla

2) Install everything (add-ons and all) into the same, root folder;

3) Keep a folder of all the original files you downloaded in prep for installation (game installer, Mids installer, etc) and put it just outside the game's root folder; IE: c/Games/COX

*** The following is more specific to the thread ***

4) Keep a backup of the COX folder if you find that outside forces are breaking the game;

5) Remember that just because a shortcut is damaged, that doesn't mean the game isn't intact; IE: You may simply need to goto the COX folder and create a new shortcut from the Tequilla app

I've confirmed that you can simply take the COX folder, copy it to another location, and then play the game as if nothing changed (no need to reinstall). But I would suggest keeping the same folder tree. IE: c:/Games/COX

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I forgot to add that you should make sure your AV software isn't DELETING the game files. There are MANY complaints of apps like Norton straight up deleting the EXE because of false positives. To fix this you need to whitelist the root folder. IE: In my previous examples I'd whitelist the whole C:/Games folder unless you suspected an intrusion.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)