Some questions about IO set enhancements regarding the homecoming changes

Azrik

I had multiple lvl 50 characters back on the official servers so I have a general understanding of how enhancements work. However there are a few things I'm unclear on regarding the changes that homecoming has made.

1. When respecing the enhancement slots do not seem to be tied to the levels you would normally gain them. This enables you to place them in powers that you wouldn't have had earlier on. How does this effect you when you are exemplared down in level?

2. Have any changes come to how enhancement boosters or Enhancement Catalists work?

3. On the official servers when exemplared down you only gained set bonuses if your IO's were usable at the level you get exemplared to. Is this still true?

4. For enhancements like Numina's Convalescence that provide a buff for a set amount of time does this only effect the user or anyone that is affected by the power? For instance if I slot it into Healing Aura will it only affect the user or will it also effect everyone healed by the power?

Edited by Azrik
Thought of another question to add.

47 minutes ago, Azrik said:

I had multiple lvl 50 characters back on the official servers so I have a general understanding of how enhancements work. However there are a few things I'm unclear on regarding the changes that homecoming has made.

1. When respecing the enhancement slots do not seem to be tied to the levels you would normally gain them. This enables you to place them in powers that you wouldn't have had earlier on. How does this effect you when you are exemplared down in level?

2. Have any changes come to how enhancement boosters or Enhancement Catalists work?

3. On the official servers when exemplared down you only gained set bonuses if your IO's were usable at the level you get exemplared to. Is this still true?

4. For enhancements like Numina's Convalescence that provide a buff for a set amount of time does this only effect the user or anyone that is affected by the power? For instance if I slot it into Healing Aura will it only affect the user or will it also effect everyone healed by the power?

1. This is a Quality of Life change, I believe. So now you can 6 slot your level 49 power if you want. The enhancements in the power will work as long as you have access to the power (you lose it if you go less than 5 levels below when you selected the power. The only impact you could see is the enhancements effects being scaled by level, but you wont see that unless you are exemplared below level 32.

2. I dont know if they changed since live since they weren't around when I stopped playing. What I can say is the enhancement boosts will increase the enhancement effects up to 25% if boosted to +5. The effects still follow the Enhancement Diversification rules. You can't boost attuned IOs. As for catalysts, they will either attune crafted IOs so that their set bonuses will work across any exemplared level and the effects of the enhancement will be scaled by level. Catalysts also can convert Winter and ATO sets to Supreme versions, which get a 25% increase to their enhancement effects and the set bonuses improve.

3. Set bonuses follow the 3 level rule. If you exemplar less than 3 levels below the IO level, the IO will no longer count towards set bonuses...but it will still provide enhancement benefits as long as you have the power. So if you slot stamina with 2 lvl 50 performance shifters, the set bonus (7.5% movement) will stop work from ng if you're level 46 or below. But the enhancement will always work (although it might scale if exemplared to really low levels).

4. I'm not sure about this, but I think it only affects yourself.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn