Bopper's CoH Tools and Formulas

Bopper's CoH Tools and Formulas

Over the past year I have written numerous guides and I have read numerous guides. And from those guides I developed tools that I use to do calculations fairly quickly. One of my tools I shared previously (The Survivability Tool), but I decided to share the rest of them in a single Google Sheets document. So, over the past month I ported them into a Google Spreadsheet and I think it’s cleaned up enough to share with the community. Most of these tools are from guides I posted, but a handful of them are tools created from information learned by others. Links to these guides will be embedded below.

The contents of the Bopper's CoH Tools and Formulas spreadsheets include:

Proc Probability Calculator

Recharge Calculator

Pylon DPS/Time Calculator

Assault Hybrid Comparator

Cancel-On-Miss DoT Calculator

Resistance/Debuff Calculator

Survivability Tool

Design Formulas

HP/Regeneration Proc Cheat Sheet

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Revision History:

2020 Jul 24:  Initial Document

2020 Aug 1:  Minor updates to some of the tools

• Corrected Formatting on Cancel-On-Miss to better handle 100% probability to tick. Also extended max ticks from 30 to 75.
  • Corrected a bug in Recharge Calculator that would result in a broken formula if there are no Temporary Buffs. Should be working now.

2020 Aug 3:  Added chart to Proc Probability Calculator (PPM) to show damage for Regular and Epic Damage Procs from levels 1-50.

2020 Aug 8:  Added new calculator to PPM. The Proc or DMG Enhancement calculator will calculate the equivalent amount of added damage a proc provides to help you determine if it's more optimal to slot the proc or to slot a damage enhancement. Thanks @Replacement for the addition.

2020 Sep 1:  Various Bug Fixes

• Corrected the Resistance/Debuff Calculator to properly calculate Final Resistance when Unresistable Resistance Debuffs are applied. Thank you @Elmyder for bringing this to my attention.
  • Corrected the Survivability Tool and HP/Regeneration Proc Cheat Sheet to properly reflect the fact Arachnos have a base regeneration of 10 seconds as opposed to 12 seconds. Thank you @macskull, @Gulbasaurand @Vandenfor your assistance with this.

2020 Sep 5:  Added two new fields to the Proc Probability Calculator (PPM)

• (Input) Desired Proc Probability - User inputs the amount they want their Proc to perform at (typically this is 90%, the max)
  • (Output) Desired Allowed Recharge - The amount of recharge to slot to achieve the Desired Proc Probability.

2020 Dec 13:  Updated the Survivability Tool to v3.0

• Added Mastermind's Bodyguard Mode to reflect spreading damage across pets.
  • Incorporated Purple Patch to modify the strength of enemy damage, to-hit debuffs, and damage debuffs. Previously, it was assumed the numbers entered in the spreadsheet to be post-purple patch. Now it is pre-purple patch.
Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

(reserved)

• 2 weeks later

Awesome, looks great!

I was just throwing together a basic PPM spreadsheet to point people to.

It would be cool if you could add info on the damage proc amount for each type/level ( or just level 30 and level 50?) so people can compare proc damage vs damage enhancements.

2 hours ago, senseichen said:

Awesome, looks great!

I was just throwing together a basic PPM spreadsheet to point people to.

It would be cool if you could add info on the damage proc amount for each type/level ( or just level 30 and level 50?) so people can compare proc damage vs damage enhancements.

Thanks. Do you mean the scaled damage for a proc at various levels? I only know of the 107.1 damage and 71.75 damage (level 50 values). Are you wanting to see how much damage they do from level 1 to 50? 

1 hour ago, senseichen said:

Just having the 107.1 and 71.75 as a note on that proc page would help people plan/compare I think.  If we have the data for other levels, that would be great, but the level 50 values are enough.

Ok, take a look at the update. Let me know if that does what you're looking for. 

• Thanks 1

New addition to the suite of tools. @Replacement has added the Proc or DMG Enhancement Calculator that allows you to compare the benefits of slotting a damage proc by putting its contributions in terms of equivalent damage enhancement percentages.

Steps for using the new calculator:

1. The user first inputs the base damage of their attack power. This should be the unenhanced damage for your character at the level you want to analyze.
  2. Select your character's level. This will lookup the correct Proc damage at that level and will compare to the base damage the user input (see step 1).
  3. The user inputs the PPM of the Standard and/or Epic Damage Proc they want to analyze. This does not need to be the same PPM used in the PPM calculators. So if you were looking up proc probabilities for a Force Feedback proc (2PPM), this calculator will still use the parameters in the calculator (cast, recharge, etc) but will swap the FF proc's PPM with this new PPM.
  4. The tool will then take the parameters from the Click-Power, Auto/Toggle/Pseudopet, and Chain-Power calculators and use the PPM values for Standard and Epic (see step 3) to calculate the correct proc probabilities and convert it to an equivalent damage enhancement percentage.

*Note, this is still early and changes may occur on this tool (as I have updated the tool while writing this post). I'll keep this post updated with any changes that may occur.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

New update. Added various bug fixes.

• Like 1

• 3 months later

Updated the Survivability Tool to version 3.0 and incorporated it into the CoH Tools and Formulas spreadsheet. Please let me know if there are any bugs, as the formulas have gotten quite busy and I may have missed a variable in a formula somewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later
14 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Hopefully I didn't miss someone asking this already,  but for the cast time in the PPM formula do we use the Arcana Cast time or just Cast time?

Just the cast time

• 8 months later

I've noticed the average damage that Mid's calculates for a damage proc is quite a bit different than your spreadsheet. (Assuming average damage is simply ProcDamage*Probability). Am I doing something wrong in the spreadsheet or is Mid's just not accurate?

5 hours ago, Galactiman said:

I've noticed the average damage that Mid's calculates for a damage proc is quite a bit different than your spreadsheet. (Assuming average damage is simply ProcDamage*Probability). Am I doing something wrong in the spreadsheet or is Mid's just not accurate?

They should be the same. Can you screenshot what you've done in mids and in the tool?

Sorry, I was being stupid. Looking at it again with fresh eyes and they line up exactly. Trying to do math with a tired brain is a bad idea.

On a different note, do you think you could come up with a "Proc or Recharge Enhancement" calculator or even a "Proc or Damage/Recharge Enhancement" calculator. Maybe getting 3 Damage/Recharge (DSOs or even IOs) and 3 procs in something like Ground Zero is better than 6 procs (global recharge could be one of the inputs)?

23 hours ago, Galactiman said:

Sorry, I was being stupid. Looking at it again with fresh eyes and they line up exactly. Trying to do math with a tired brain is a bad idea.

On a different note, do you think you could come up with a "Proc or Recharge Enhancement" calculator or even a "Proc or Damage/Recharge Enhancement" calculator. Maybe getting 3 Damage/Recharge (DSOs or even IOs) and 3 procs in something like Ground Zero is better than 6 procs (global recharge could be one of the inputs)?

You can do this with Mids already, sort of. If you click on the power in question and then the "Enhance" tab on the left side, you can switch between alternate slotting for a power.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 11 months later

Hello, great job!

I'm currently building a game based on City of Heroes and I was wondering if you know of a way to retrieve the damage values for the super strength power line for each level from 1 to 50?

I found the information on the City of Data V2.0 website via the following link: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=tanker_melee.super_strength.punch&at=tanker.

If we scroll through the little slider, we have (as in the game) access to all the stats per level.

Is there a multiplier coefficient that would allow us to automatically calculate the damage for each level?

Thank you in advance for your help!

46 minutes ago, Nitrogen said:

Hello, great job!

I'm currently building a game based on City of Heroes and I was wondering if you know of a way to retrieve the damage values for the super strength power line for each level from 1 to 50?

I found the information on the City of Data V2.0 website via the following link: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=tanker_melee.super_strength.punch&at=tanker.

If we scroll through the little slider, we have (as in the game) access to all the stats per level.

Is there a multiplier coefficient that would allow us to automatically calculate the damage for each level?

Thank you in advance for your help!

There is a formula, but is a bit complicated. It might be easier to use the modifier table itself, which covers all levels for each AT. Here is the Melee_Damage table, which you would use for Punch. Locate the modifier for your desired AT and level, then multiply that with the damage scale of the power (you can see damage scale if you set CoD's AT to None).

Edited by Bopper

By any chance, do you have any information regarding the enemy's tohit calculation? I managed to replicate the formula for player hit chance based on level difference and enemy rank but I don't know what stats to base myself on for enemies. From tests I've done in-game, enemy tohit looks different for each of their powers.

It's good i found it ^^

Edited by Nitrogen