Dimension Shift and PvP???

VV

Is DS of any use in PvP? I'm wondering how strong is the Immobilization? It seems like it might be a good way to hold off some opponents that you are not ready to deal with yet. Or place yourself in the DS and you could not be sniped from outside of it. Then anyone who entered would need to deal with the Immob. How big is the radius? From the description and power details, it seems like it would be good, but I've not used it much, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, VV said:

Is DS of any use in PvP? I'm wondering how strong is the Immobilization? It seems like it might be a good way to hold off some opponents that you are not ready to deal with yet. Or place yourself in the DS and you could not be sniped from outside of it. Then anyone who entered would need to deal with the Immob. How big is the radius? From the description and power details, it seems like it would be good, but I've not used it much, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

It's of some use defensively, I use it on my Grav/Emp as a kind of mini-phase if Phase Shift is down but it's tricky to get right because it'll detoggle if you get mezzed and if you run out of the bubble after you've cast it you lose the phase. It isn't really worth using offensively because the immobilize only lasts for a few seconds.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Word on the street...

People are using it as a heal base / team cover.  

Everyone uses SS and SJ travel combo 

When focused  jump in to your team bubble (Dimminsion Shift) safe zone and get topped off. Then re-enter fight. 

Nitch use if team knows now to use it.

Zone not sure

It's the size of a dispersion field if you ever played FF if not a tad smaller.

Edited by Ironscarlet

57 minutes ago, Ironscarlet said:

It's the size of a dispersion field if you ever played FF if not a tad smaller.

Peculiar thing is that Dimension Shift is actually spherical ... while a Dispersion Field is a vertically challenged/flattened bubble.  Cast it up in the air to see the actually spherical shape of Dimension Shift.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.