Custom fractals for sale! [Open]

Flashtoo

All right, so here's something I've never seen anyone do before... In addition to drawing, I am also a fractal artist, and I am now offering abstract 'portraits' of characters for $30 each. Any takers?

About the art:

I use Apophysis 7X to make my fractals and I render them in Chaotica. If you use these programs or any other that takes the same kind of XML parameters, I'm happy to send you the raw parameters in addition to the final image.

The largest dimension I can render is 1920 pixels - a pretty big image, wallpaper-size, and big enough to have printed at reasonable size without obvious blurring or pixelation. However, they are still best for digital display - I cannot guarantee that any very bright, neon colors that a fractal may contain will work as well in ink as in light. If you do want it, I will create a CMYK version suitable to print, which may have slightly different coloring. Up to you!

How to order:

Send me a screenshot of your character's most iconic outfit(s) and a few words about them. Include their bio if they have one, otherwise I want general attitude and themes.

Tell me some good visual motifs to include. Examples: Art nouveau, foliage, geometric, circles, rust, Hermetic magic, water, electricity, DNA, snowflakes, stained glass, tribal patterns, gears, high-tech, slick, Celtic knotwork, amorphous, smoke, burlesque (obviously not limited to these words, but this KIND of word). This helps me figure out what kind of overall structure to make the fractal.

Tell me what the most major colors should be. 

Not mandatory but helpful: If you already have a favorite art piece of the character you want fractal'd, I'd like to see it! I can take colors directly from this image, and having a visual helps me get a better idea of composition and overall feel. Also, I've got a lot of examples of miscellaneous fractal work under my belt, so if you see anything in this gallery that you would want something stylistically similar to, point me at it and tell me what you like about it and I can make sure to include something like it in the parameters.

With this information in mind I will send you an invoice for $30 and get started on setting up parameters. When I have something that seems to be a satisfactory concept, I'll screenshot the preview (a smaller, grainier version of the fractal) and send it to you for approval. When I have payment and approval, I'll put you in the render queue. Depending on how many people I have waiting and if you, how long anything takes to render, it may take a few days before I get you a final image.

There is no limit on the waiting list for these.

Examples below, compared to more 'normal' art of the same characters:

Go Go Go by plangkye Payce by plangkye

Shed Some Light by plangkye The Illumineer by plangkye

Watchful Eyes by plangkye Oougel by plangkye

Shattered Soul by plangkye To End All Wars by plangkye

Waitlist:

(Empty)

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 3

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

16 hours ago, VileTerror said:

Sorry, no meaning to hijack, but . . . 

to_end_all_wars_by_plangkye_d5zh2xf-pre.

WHO?!  What!?

That's gorgeous.

. . . I now need a Support/Melee Archetype for -another- character concept.

Pain Domination / Dual Blades.

That is the Devil's Doctor, @Tinhead's character! He's a DB/Dark Armor brute but yeah Pain Dom would be the exact set for him if he were a support AT 🙂 Thanks! We want those skeletal bird wings for him so bad in the tailor, haha

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry