Raise ranged cones target cap

Ranged cones have the same general use as any targetted aoe attack. There should be no reason that they are stuck with a 10 target cap limit where their taoe counterparts get a 16 target cap. Please give ranged cones the 16 target cap that they deserve.

And then they would not be cones, then it becomes a directed AoE with limited firing arc, the cones of range attacks are narrow would make them like crappy narrow melee cones, Sand of Mu comes to mind if things got to close.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

I said to increase the target cap not change the cone size. The cone angle/ range would not be affected.

And that is what I was saying.  I was not clear, not my best trait.  I meant even increasing the cap, with that narrow cone it would be like a narrow melee attack; harder to reach that cap if not all can fit in the narrow cones half the time.  

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

At least bump up Full Auto or Throw Spines to 16 (from 10).

But to the OP, many Cones are half the recharge of Targeted AoE and generally less end cost but roughly the same damage.  Not all tho.

Yes full auto especially needs it and really needs its cone angle bumped to 30 degrees. Most blaster cones have only slightly less recharge than taoes but their damage is usually slightly less as well. They also take more skill to utilize properly which also goes in to part of their balance in addition to not meshing well with melee powers as well cause you constantly have to back out to use them as well. Most cones also have a smaller range as well (which makes sense for how they work but it does still pose range safety balance)

There is no reason that they shouldn't have a 16 target cap to get them in line with their taoe counterparts. This especially unfairly hurts sets like AR, sonic, and dark blast who are basically all cones.

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Most blaster cones

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

They also take more skill to utilize properly which also goes in to part of their balance in addition to not meshing well with melee powers as well cause you constantly have to back out to use them as well.

Blasters are basically designed around ranged attack with melee backup.  If you're playing as a blapper (a niche within the archetype), you should have to back up/disengage from melee range to gain the advantages of ranged attacks.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

14 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Blasters are basically designed around ranged attack with melee backup.  If you're playing as a blapper (a niche within the archetype), you should have to back up/disengage from melee range to gain the advantages of ranged attacks.

I'm not saying about the playstyle, i'm just saying that that is one way/reason that cones are balanced how they work, saying nothing of the target cap which should be increased to 16 targets. The cones are already balanced to where they should have those 16 target caps.

1 hour ago, ScarySai said:

...upping the target cap wouldn't change the fact it's a cone, what?

Was thinking like the Incarnate powers, says what ever direction you are facing. Targeted or not, huge target cap regardless if it's a cone or not in my opinio, still hits a huge amount.  Don't use them, but stats are impressive.

Edited by Outrider_01